“Appalling Customer Treatment and Poor Quality Rooms-- DO NOT Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Leesburg

Days Inn Leesburg
Days Inn Leesburg
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Washington, DC
“Appalling Customer Treatment and Poor Quality Rooms-- DO NOT Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As other posters have said, the only reason to stay in this hotel is if all other hotel options are booked. We were forced into this situation on a recent busy weekend, and our experience reflects what many others have posted.

While we were not expecting anything fancy, our room was partially flooded and there were carpet dryers right outside our room trying to dry a flood from the rooms across the hall. There was also a dehumidifier in our room that had not been emptied. Older, dated rooms are fine, but we expect the rooms to be CLEAN and DRY. Our beds were infested with fleas and we both have numerous, painful and itchy bites all over our body. There also did not seem to be any internet connection in our room, contrary to what was advertised.

Certain members of the front desk, including the manager, were extremely rude and unhelpful. In this case, we left a belonging in the room and had to make two phone calls, along with a return visit, in order to retrieve the item. We were lied to about who would be able to pick up the item, when it would be able to be picked up, and the whereabouts of the item. We were also lied to about the whereabouts of the manager during this ordeal, and given a significant amount of "attitude," for lack of a better word, before they finally handed over our belonging.

The treatment we received was appalling and the staff and rooms were of very poor quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

When I booked my room here it was 5 months before my actual event and no other places in the area had rooms available (now I know why.) When I pulled into the place, what I saw was not the pretty picture that you see on the website. It was run down, decrepit, weeds everywhere, trash, and broken down cars in the parking lot. I was in town for a memorial service and to me, the place was just depressing. I suppose the rooms were clean enough (I looked at mine) and the rest of my party did stay on here but no one really wanted to spend any time. There is a Comfort Suites right around the corner that had one open room available - I took it and stayed there. The proprietress started to give me a hard time about the reservation but I was resolute. She ended up charging me for one night (okay) but she wasn't nice about it. I really don't recommend this place unless you just need a stop-over to sleep while on your way to another destination.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank danceout
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We checked in with pets and we told them upfront, we were told that it would cost $330 for 7 days 6 nights including the fees. We had to check out 2 nights early and when I proceeded to check out - they said the previous amount was incorrect and didn't include the pet fees which were $200. So they literally we not only lied to but the rooms were old, stinky and gross.
Overall I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I am willing to post signs around this town saying just that.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Disgruntled447
Frostburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

First off-you are allowed to smoke in this hotel and have pets, which is fine if they tell you but they dont. The smell in the hotel was so disgusting it smelled like carpet fresh including the rooms the floors were wet and there was a blower in the middle of the floor in the hall of the rooms to dry out the carpet . And my blanket had cigarette holes in it. The tv's are old also. The lady at the front desk was so rude and told us we had to pay $6.00 extra for another person (we were 3) and I did tell them that when I registered so I refused to pay it. Also I was told I could go to another hotel if I wanted to. REALLY?? I was told I couldnt cancel because it was a prepaid room and she said well you can I will allow it she was so nasty but by then we were on our way to a wedding and time was not on our side. Horrible customer service Hotel needs ALOT of work. When I called about the wet floor I was told they had alot of rain?
I could go on forever but STAY AWAY Days Inn Franchise should be ashamed

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank Holly P
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. The room was old, damp, dirty and smelled, I had to purchase a can of Febreeze to try and make it bearable and that did not even help. There was a cricket in the room chirping all night and when I asked the front desk to have someone look under the night stand as that is where the sound was coming from, they told me it was to be expected out in the "country". That is about as far from the country as you can get. I normally would not have stayed there but the Comfort Suites and the Hampton were already booked for the weekend. Next time I will change my plans before I ever stay there again. Absolutely disgusting!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank P L
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Attending a wedding, my husband and I and several members of our family stayed here. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and very helpful, even placing all of our family in the same hallway, across from each other. Room was okay, but in all of our rooms, the carpet was very damp and the a/c didn't help to dry it. I wore socks in the room because of this, and they were damp when I removed them, also rather dirty. That is our only complaint, however, everything else was fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel may be quite, but the rooms need a lot of attention from someone in charge. The bathroom have n to been completely clean or look at from a business sense in a long time. If you are looking for customer satisfaction then you did not get it this weekend.

The exterior is a shot out of the 50's. Rain gutters that are missing or need repair, etc.

The pool, or what was a pool is a tree sump.

Do not let the pictures on the web site fool you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank William M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
4.5 of 5 stars 214 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Days Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!