WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Don't stay here unless it's the last place in town with an available room” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Leesburg

Days Inn Leesburg
Days Inn Leesburg
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't stay here unless it's the last place in town with an available room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

When I booked my room here it was 5 months before my actual event and no other places in the area had rooms available (now I know why.) When I pulled into the place, what I saw was not the pretty picture that you see on the website. It was run down, decrepit, weeds everywhere, trash, and broken down cars in the parking lot. I was in town for a memorial service and to me, the place was just depressing. I suppose the rooms were clean enough (I looked at mine) and the rest of my party did stay on here but no one really wanted to spend any time. There is a Comfort Suites right around the corner that had one open room available - I took it and stayed there. The proprietress started to give me a hard time about the reservation but I was resolute. She ended up charging me for one night (okay) but she wasn't nice about it. I really don't recommend this place unless you just need a stop-over to sleep while on your way to another destination.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank danceout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

We checked in with pets and we told them upfront, we were told that it would cost $330 for 7 days 6 nights including the fees. We had to check out 2 nights early and when I proceeded to check out - they said the previous amount was incorrect and didn't include the pet fees which were $200. So they literally we not only lied to but the rooms were old, stinky and gross.
Overall I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I am willing to post signs around this town saying just that.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Disgruntled447
Frostburg, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

First off-you are allowed to smoke in this hotel and have pets, which is fine if they tell you but they dont. The smell in the hotel was so disgusting it smelled like carpet fresh including the rooms the floors were wet and there was a blower in the middle of the floor in the hall of the rooms to dry out the carpet . And my blanket had cigarette holes in it. The tv's are old also. The lady at the front desk was so rude and told us we had to pay $6.00 extra for another person (we were 3) and I did tell them that when I registered so I refused to pay it. Also I was told I could go to another hotel if I wanted to. REALLY?? I was told I couldnt cancel because it was a prepaid room and she said well you can I will allow it she was so nasty but by then we were on our way to a wedding and time was not on our side. Horrible customer service Hotel needs ALOT of work. When I called about the wet floor I was told they had alot of rain?
I could go on forever but STAY AWAY Days Inn Franchise should be ashamed

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Holly P
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. The room was old, damp, dirty and smelled, I had to purchase a can of Febreeze to try and make it bearable and that did not even help. There was a cricket in the room chirping all night and when I asked the front desk to have someone look under the night stand as that is where the sound was coming from, they told me it was to be expected out in the "country". That is about as far from the country as you can get. I normally would not have stayed there but the Comfort Suites and the Hampton were already booked for the weekend. Next time I will change my plans before I ever stay there again. Absolutely disgusting!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank P L
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Attending a wedding, my husband and I and several members of our family stayed here. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and very helpful, even placing all of our family in the same hallway, across from each other. Room was okay, but in all of our rooms, the carpet was very damp and the a/c didn't help to dry it. I wore socks in the room because of this, and they were damp when I removed them, also rather dirty. That is our only complaint, however, everything else was fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel may be quite, but the rooms need a lot of attention from someone in charge. The bathroom have n to been completely clean or look at from a business sense in a long time. If you are looking for customer satisfaction then you did not get it this weekend.

The exterior is a shot out of the 50's. Rain gutters that are missing or need repair, etc.

The pool, or what was a pool is a tree sump.

Do not let the pictures on the web site fool you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank William M
Frostburg,Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

The hotel has changed managment.It is in the middle of the historic district. The hotel is quiet and very clean.I would recommend hotel to anyone.The staff are nice and friendy. It is centrally located.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank slotleft
LeesburgDI, Manager at Days Inn Leesburg, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Our appreciation is extended for your review and the acknowledgment that our staff has been putting forth to make every guest's stay as pleasant and quiet as possible. Please come and see us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Days Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!