“Felt like I was back in Germany”
Review of Doener Bistro

Doener Bistro
Ranked #75 of 227 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Finally got around to convincing my wife to join me in trying Doener Bistro. We were not disappointed. Of the four of us eating there, three of us have lived in Germany. All of us felt like we were sitting in a Gasthaus back in the old country. It's counter service and they offer imported German beers. But you can get beer anywhere - what they offer are great, authentic German meals. We were there for lunch and ordered Brat and Brotchen, mit bier. Also ordered a side of potato pancakes, and I would swear my grandmother (born and raised in Pforzheim until she was in her 20s) was back there cooking! Hat's off to the crew! Can't wait to go back and try the entire menu!

2  Thank JT03

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went last night for a quick dinner. Can't even remember the menu name of the item I had, but it was a big cup with french fries, a little bit of meat in one corner, and a yogurty bland sauce on top. The sauce doesn't really seem to go with the rest of the ingredient, as it has a bit of a sour / tart bite. For me, that doesn't pair well with the saltiness of the fries. Meat portion was quite small and honestly not very memorable. On my first visit here, I had a doner and it was nothing special either. Striking this one from my list...

1  Thank Chief601
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were looking for a place to find some grub, decided we hadn't had our Doener Bistro "fix" in a while. When we pulled up, we happened to pick the right time. We sat outside in the crisp fall sunshine and enjoyed some great German food, German speakers, and good times. We always enjoy the Doener...reminds us of our many visits to Germany.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is what it is - a great place to get excellent German beer and a snack. German food is some of my favorite food in the world. That is saying a lot. I have traveled to 63 countries. If you want a great selection of German beers, you can get it here. Just don't expect to see Kassler Rippchen or some of the many fantastic German dishes that often get no culinary respect. But if you want a sausage and a beer - this is your spot.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm partial to what passes for fast food in other countries, so I was happy to find Doener Bistro in downtown Leesburg. It's a small, quirky restaurant worth a visit simply to enjoy the surroundings. There's outdoor and indoor seating, and a small counter (inside) to place your order. The menu features a fun collection of beer as well as a nice sampling of doner, brats, schnitzel, currywurst, falafel and pomme frites. The food tasted OK -- I tried the doner and my wife had the schnitzel, and we also shared a large order of fries. (I'll visit again someday to see if the brats or other sausages are a more tasty option.)