“2nd try, no plans to return”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Doener Bistro

Doener Bistro
Ranked #60 of 212 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: German, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
“2nd try, no plans to return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went last night for a quick dinner. Can't even remember the menu name of the item I had, but it was a big cup with french fries, a little bit of meat in one corner, and a yogurty bland sauce on top. The sauce doesn't really seem to go with the rest of the ingredient, as it has a bit of a sour / tart bite. For me, that doesn't pair well with the saltiness of the fries. Meat portion was quite small and honestly not very memorable. On my first visit here, I had a doner and it was nothing special either. Striking this one from my list...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chief601

“Oktoberfest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were looking for a place to find some grub, decided we hadn't had our Doener Bistro "fix" in a while. When we pulled up, we happened to pick the right time. We sat outside in the crisp fall sunshine and enjoyed some great German food, German speakers, and good times. We always enjoy the Doener...reminds us of our many visits to Germany.

Visited October 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“German Beer Fans - Thumbs Up; German Food Fans - Thumbs Down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is what it is - a great place to get excellent German beer and a snack. German food is some of my favorite food in the world. That is saying a lot. I have traveled to 63 countries. If you want a great selection of German beers, you can get it here. Just don't expect to see Kassler Rippchen or some of the many fantastic German dishes that often get no culinary respect. But if you want a sausage and a beer - this is your spot.

• Visited December 2012
Herndon, VA
“German style fast food in downtown Leesburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm partial to what passes for fast food in other countries, so I was happy to find Doener Bistro in downtown Leesburg. It's a small, quirky restaurant worth a visit simply to enjoy the surroundings. There's outdoor and indoor seating, and a small counter (inside) to place your order. The menu features a fun collection of beer as well as a nice sampling of doner, brats, schnitzel, currywurst, falafel and pomme frites. The food tasted OK -- I tried the doner and my wife had the schnitzel, and we also shared a large order of fries. (I'll visit again someday to see if the brats or other sausages are a more tasty option.)

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sehr Gemuetlich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

One of my favorite places. This is not high cuisine, but if you're in the mood for a good Currywurst or a Gyro and a good German brew, you can't beat it. Throw in the atmosphere in the biergarten and the occasional football match on the television and you'll feel right at home.

Visited December 2012