“Oktoberfest”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were looking for a place to find some grub, decided we hadn't had our Doener Bistro "fix" in a while. When we pulled up, we happened to pick the right time. We sat outside in the crisp fall sunshine and enjoyed some great German food, German speakers, and good times. We always enjoy the Doener...reminds us of our many visits to Germany.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is what it is - a great place to get excellent German beer and a snack. German food is some of my favorite food in the world. That is saying a lot. I have traveled to 63 countries. If you want a great selection of German beers, you can get it here. Just don't expect to see Kassler Rippchen or some of the many fantastic German dishes that often get no culinary respect. But if you want a sausage and a beer - this is your spot.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm partial to what passes for fast food in other countries, so I was happy to find Doener Bistro in downtown Leesburg. It's a small, quirky restaurant worth a visit simply to enjoy the surroundings. There's outdoor and indoor seating, and a small counter (inside) to place your order. The menu features a fun collection of beer as well as a nice sampling of doner, brats, schnitzel, currywurst, falafel and pomme frites. The food tasted OK -- I tried the doner and my wife had the schnitzel, and we also shared a large order of fries. (I'll visit again someday to see if the brats or other sausages are a more tasty option.)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

One of my favorite places. This is not high cuisine, but if you're in the mood for a good Currywurst or a Gyro and a good German brew, you can't beat it. Throw in the atmosphere in the biergarten and the occasional football match on the television and you'll feel right at home.

1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a case where the food is good but the people working there just don't want to be thre and it shows.