“Cute little Schnell Imbus”
Review of Doener Bistro

Doener Bistro
Ranked #75 of 227 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is very cute and kitchy version of a German street hotdog stand...it does, boardwalk fries, frankfurters, bratwursts, and schnitzels and does have great German Beer. Its basic but tasty if you can afford the extra calories and aren't watching your cholesteral....The manager is German and gives it an air of authenticity. We probably ordered too many treats one night and had to roll ourselves home.

1  Thank kittystu2000

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I'm a vegetarian so I didn't have much choice here although everyone I was with raved about the food. I had a falafel sandwich and it was DELICIOUS!! Very impressed that a German restaurant could do that food so well. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was super cute. The group I was with had come in October for their Oktoberfest party and said that it was a great time!

1  Thank CareInn
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I'm German n live since 2 years with my husband in virginia, we went in lots of places where they sell doener but nowhere was it like in Germany! We r sitting right now here at doener bistro n had a doener ( my hubby 2 lol) it is soooo good it taste like in Germany. Live music n a very romantic atmosphere! we will come again! The 30 miles which we drive here worted! Everyone who wants a real tuerkisch doener than come here u will love it like me!!!!!

2  Thank Yumyumyu
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I met in Germany. Imagine our delightful surprise to discover the Döner Bistro. It brought us right back to the cuisine we enjoyed back then. Reasonably priced, deliciously prepared, and offering an outstanding beer selection.

The beer garden - their outdoor seating section -- has authentic festival tables & benches and German eclectic radio via satellite playing overhead.

We sampled a variety of their menu; falafels were small and full of flavor. The brot mit brochen was excellent. The potato pancakes with applesauce were well prepared. The salad was absolutely as I remember in Germany (that is to say lots of iceberg lettuce, small pieces of tomato, diced red onions, too much feta to try to cover everything else, and some tasty tzatziki on the side. The pomme frites were tasty. The beer was outstanding.

Oh yes, we will be back.

2  Thank Kimmers U
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We LOVE the Doener! You'd never expect German Turkish food in Leesburg, VA - almost feel like you're in the middle of Munich. My favorite is the classic Doener sandwich - lots of yummy garlicy yogurt sauce, but the Bratwurst, Curry dogs (? name?) and everything is good here. We love the fries too! Great alternative to fast food. Order at counter and they deliver. Wonderful European beer selections as well. Small establishment but they have added a bigger dining area w cool wooden tables in the past few years. GO, you won't be sorry! Here's a cute story about their restaurant & its beginnings: http://www.doener-usa.com/about.html

2  Thank HerbyD428