“Great place at a resonable price”
Review of Super 8 Lebanon

Super 8 Lebanon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family stayed there during the Christmas season in '11 to see my parents and sister. I was very surprised as the property was very well maintained and the staff professional and helpful. The rooms were the cleanest I have stayed at in a very long time and my husband and I are major travilers. The managemen takes pride in their location. I will say they need to step up the breakfast and make sure the items are fresh on the weekend as they are during the week and step up the quality of items. My only negative is the employees smoking outside the entrance being an ex smoker I am aware of the need however they need aplcae that is 200 feet away from the door so those that dont smoke are not subjected to the smoke and smell. Yes its a small town and yes its not a JW property but it is well maintain, clean and a good price.

Room Tip: all the rooms wer just recently redone and new matresses so all were in good quality.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leisa L
Larry K, Manager at Super 8 Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time to do a review of your recent stay with us. I have to say we have some of the very best housekeepers and they do a very hard job very well and I will pass along your nice comments to them. We look forward to seeing you again and if I can do anything to make your stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to ask me.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Thank Earl & Mary Nel... H
Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JC P
Larry K, General Manager at Super 8 Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Reviewed November 4, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

A Wyndham traveler
NAPLES
Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have used this location in excess of 50 times since it was built -- 20 times for the annual family reunion alone; The only reason -- it is the only hotel within a reasonable distance to our visits; Every stay the service gets more arrogant and less responsive and the facility gets less attractive.
The latest trip (last week) was the final straw; We booked, as usual, months in advance; We spoke directly to " The Manager" who remembers us by first name from previous stays; We discussed at length our requirement for a first floor room due to a family member with mobility issues - this location has 46 rooms, two floors and no elevator. We were " guaranteed this would not be problem"; We booked our 2 first floor rooms and felt comfortable our guarantee would be honored;
Since we have been rebuffed in the past for "too early" check in's (not before 1PM) we drove our 5 hours and attempted to check in at 2:15PM; We were told no first floor rooms were available (the person who made the reservation -- the "Manager") She now said "it's first come first serve" and all the rooms except 3 were registered in; The parking lot had 8 vehicles and this was 1 hour and 15 minutes after check-ins are allowed; Several vehicles were employee vehicles. She is either the fastest front desk check-in person in the world (43 rooms in 75 minutes) or she is telling a lie. Not once did I hear a "We're sorry" or let me see if I can help; I asked her to check the next nearest Super 8 -- Claypool Hill, Va. --- and her response " You can call them yourself, I'll give you the number"; I pointed out the courtesy/professional response would be for her to contact her sister hotel for us. She mumbled something and reluctantly called -- speaking into the phone -- do you have a first floor room, the answer from her was no and hung up. She then asked if we wanted to take the last rooms or cancel -- we cancelled.
We used the GPS and traveled to Bristol to a friendly, clean, very responsive Courtyard; We paid more; They moved us to a different room when I asked about the noise from the interstate and they quickly were very accommondating. We paid more, but it was worth it.
Thankfully, Holiday Inn Express has just broken ground to build in Lebanon and even if not, we have spent our last penny at this poor excuse for a hotel/motel.
We told everyone we saw, including the 100+ at the event of our experience and will continue to direct customers elsewhere.

Room Tip: GO to Abingdon or Bristol.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Critic48
Larry K, Manager at Super 8 Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Critic48:

I’m very puzzled by your review and would like to speak to you personally so please give me a call at (276)889-1800 so I can get gather more information on who you spoke with regarding your reservation, my name is Larry Kinder and I’m the manager here at this location. We always do our best to try and accommodate a request for first floor but never can we guarantee first floor unless you book a handicap room which we have two of on first floor. We also have available on first floor a fireplace suite and a Jacuzzi suite that assures a guest first floor if they are unable to navigate steps. A room type we can guarantee but we can’t do a guarantee on floor if it’s not one of the four room types that I just mentioned.
I would find it unacceptable for one of our guest associates to tell a guest to place a call themselves as well and wouldn’t tolerate such behavior. We are constantly getting rave reviews from our guests regarding staff friendliest and received thank you cards in the mail this summer from guests in town for family reunions and I’m sorry that you didn’t get our typical hospitality. Sincerely, Larry Kinder GM

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

It's not 5 star, but it's probably the best in town. Lebanon is out of the way and this is the only chain hotel in town. Clean and convenient. Staff is courteous. I tried it due to the reviews here on trip advisor, and I am sold...

• Stayed: July 2012

Been to Super 8 Lebanon? Share your experiences!