“We have family in the area and stay at Super 8 often. The...”
Review of Super 8 Lebanon

Thank Earl & Mary Nel... H

Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JC P
Larry K, General Manager at Super 8 Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Reviewed November 4, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

A Wyndham traveler
NAPLES
Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have used this location in excess of 50 times since it was built -- 20 times for the annual family reunion alone; The only reason -- it is the only hotel within a reasonable distance to our visits; Every stay the service gets more arrogant and less responsive and the facility gets less attractive.
The latest trip (last week) was the final straw; We booked, as usual, months in advance; We spoke directly to " The Manager" who remembers us by first name from previous stays; We discussed at length our requirement for a first floor room due to a family member with mobility issues - this location has 46 rooms, two floors and no elevator. We were " guaranteed this would not be problem"; We booked our 2 first floor rooms and felt comfortable our guarantee would be honored;
Since we have been rebuffed in the past for "too early" check in's (not before 1PM) we drove our 5 hours and attempted to check in at 2:15PM; We were told no first floor rooms were available (the person who made the reservation -- the "Manager") She now said "it's first come first serve" and all the rooms except 3 were registered in; The parking lot had 8 vehicles and this was 1 hour and 15 minutes after check-ins are allowed; Several vehicles were employee vehicles. She is either the fastest front desk check-in person in the world (43 rooms in 75 minutes) or she is telling a lie. Not once did I hear a "We're sorry" or let me see if I can help; I asked her to check the next nearest Super 8 -- Claypool Hill, Va. --- and her response " You can call them yourself, I'll give you the number"; I pointed out the courtesy/professional response would be for her to contact her sister hotel for us. She mumbled something and reluctantly called -- speaking into the phone -- do you have a first floor room, the answer from her was no and hung up. She then asked if we wanted to take the last rooms or cancel -- we cancelled.
We used the GPS and traveled to Bristol to a friendly, clean, very responsive Courtyard; We paid more; They moved us to a different room when I asked about the noise from the interstate and they quickly were very accommondating. We paid more, but it was worth it.
Thankfully, Holiday Inn Express has just broken ground to build in Lebanon and even if not, we have spent our last penny at this poor excuse for a hotel/motel.
We told everyone we saw, including the 100+ at the event of our experience and will continue to direct customers elsewhere.

Room Tip: GO to Abingdon or Bristol.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Critic48
Larry K, Manager at Super 8 Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Critic48:

I’m very puzzled by your review and would like to speak to you personally so please give me a call at (276)889-1800 so I can get gather more information on who you spoke with regarding your reservation, my name is Larry Kinder and I’m the manager here at this location. We always do our best to try and accommodate a request for first floor but never can we guarantee first floor unless you book a handicap room which we have two of on first floor. We also have available on first floor a fireplace suite and a Jacuzzi suite that assures a guest first floor if they are unable to navigate steps. A room type we can guarantee but we can’t do a guarantee on floor if it’s not one of the four room types that I just mentioned.
I would find it unacceptable for one of our guest associates to tell a guest to place a call themselves as well and wouldn’t tolerate such behavior. We are constantly getting rave reviews from our guests regarding staff friendliest and received thank you cards in the mail this summer from guests in town for family reunions and I’m sorry that you didn’t get our typical hospitality. Sincerely, Larry Kinder GM

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

It's not 5 star, but it's probably the best in town. Lebanon is out of the way and this is the only chain hotel in town. Clean and convenient. Staff is courteous. I tried it due to the reviews here on trip advisor, and I am sold...

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2011

So I'm a picky, picky, picky traveler. I notice everything in hotels -- a rather painful condition to have. We stayed in this Super 8 -- the first Super 8 ever -- because it was the only hotel in town. Boy were we surprised. The room is super clean, the housekeeping does an amazing job. They serve a small breakfast on the weekends which was really nice-- yogurts, cereal, muffin, juice. The people are super helpful and want you to be happy. Overall this is a quiet hotel. While this hotel is clean, it is a Super 8 so don't expect any luxury. Downsides: this hotel still has smoking rooms and smoke can be smelled in the outer hallways. We had a non-smoking room and didn't have any problems. The hotel may be converting to all non-smoking, it's worth asking. The pillows were lumpy and not comfortable. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Larry K, Manager at Super 8 Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. Hope to see you on your next visit. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with during your next stay. Our staff works hard everyday to improve the customer experience.

Been to Super 8 Lebanon? Share your experiences!