“A great escape”

Olde Mill Golf Resort
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Run and hide from the traffic and noise of the city. Turn off your cell phone and listen to nature as you watch the sunset over the mountains. Gorgeous views and comfortable lodging. Indoor pool, hot tub, tennis, nature trails, tavern, restaurant, and top notch golf course. Right off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Honestly I am not a golfer but have visited the resort several times and travel the area often. Some of the most gorgeous land you will ever find. If the scenery of a course is important to you or you travel with a spouse that may not play but wants to enjoy beauty and small town characteristic shopping, etc, this would be a great place to go.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Very well maintained golf course, friendly staff, gorgeous area!! Lodging on site, great restaurant. Well worth the trip!!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversay weekend in the mountains of southwest Virginia just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The Olde Mill Resort provided the perfect setting. Our very large accommodations overlooked the beautiful golf course which was only exceeded by the lush green mountains in the background. All the furnishings and appointments were updated and first rate down to the granite countertops in the spacious kitichen and the Visio flat-screen hi-def TV. The suite's deck was also large enough to easily handle guests in comfort.

The resort's restaurant and bar was also very good. The staff was friendly and accommodating as well. The Food and Beverage Director was "hands-on" and personally made sure we were satisfied in every respect at the restaurant and bar. Our dinner meal included a special request for my wife that the Chef prepared to perfection. Although I was not as satisfied with my entree' (fish overcooked and "fishy" smelling), the veggie side dish was very good. The only other negative was that I was not informed when making the advance reservation that a large group would be reserving the entire main restaurant for a class reunion. They did apologize and picked up the tab as well!

Overall, we had a great time and would definitely recommend Olde Mill Resort.

2  Thank FibroJoe

Been to Olde Mill Golf Resort? Share your experiences!