“Great BBQ”
Review of Smokin' Ron's BBQ - CLOSED

Smokin' Ron's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We go here often as I work down the street. Nice place to get BBQ. Taste is always good and the sauce is nice and sweet. I find the prices to be a little high but it's worth it sometimes. We will return.

There are newer reviews for Smokin' Ron's BBQ

Reviewed April 27, 2014

On a roadtrip we randomly made a pit stop here due to an accident backing up traffic on the Potomac river bridge. We were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness, attentiveness, and hospitality. We had a fussy newborn with us, and Stephanie and Ron made us feel at home. This is a true mom and pop stop, with personal service. The brisket sandwich and poulled pork sandwich, which is what my husband and I ordered, were delicuous. Ron also has a hot sauce and a sweet and sour sauce worth trying. There are TVs with games on as well as crayons with coloring prints, caters to all family members. The owners are wonderful people that you can relate with and we will be back again to say hello! whenever we are traveling through this part of Virginia.

1  Thank Anya C
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went there for the first time last week for lunch. Prompt and friendly service; Orders were out quickly and HOT unlike a few other restaurants in the area. Food tasted very good. Will go back.

3  Thank ADPDTRAVELERS
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My family and I have been here several times. We love the food. We love the chips and the pulled pork. At first there was too much sauce but as the weeks have past they have lessened the sauce. They have also given much bigger portions then at the time they opened. Its trial and error with every start up but they are on the right track in my book.

The chicken salad sandwich is fresh, excellent consistency, on a good hearty bun, and they have added salads to the menu as well. The sides all seem to be good, not a fan of the beans, but I don't like beans anyway. Love the cole slaw and the mac and cheese.

We like the staff and have only had great experiences with the staff. The owners actually do alot for charity from what I found on Facebook. On holidays, they provide free meals to servicemen and women in uniform, and to fire and policemen which most places don't do so kudos to them for giving back.

Recently a local school burned down, and they hosted 2 events to give back to the community dedicating their time and food. (and the "mom of an autistic child" that was kicked out for McDonalds...she was one of the volunteers. Makes you wonder how true that story was)

I hope these negative reviews don't deter people from trying what is some great BBQ!

I have a family member with a disability and have always been met with a smile and great service. Sad to see reviews that are about rude service. I hope they take care of that and make it right for the family that had a member with Parkinsons.

Give it a try, this is a good, clean, happy place to eat with good food.

3  Thank Liz M
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Food is way over priced! Tastes generic, nothing good about it. The Mac and cheese was a joke, fries were under cooked and the "chips" were nasty! Don't waste you time