“Romantic Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in King George
Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 King George B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Sarah and I stayed at the Belle Grove Plantation B&B the weekend of May 30-June 1, 2014. I proposed to the love of my life watching the sun set over the Rappahannock River. This B&B, the birthplace of James Madison, took you back to the 18th-19th Century. Upon turning onto the road down to the Plantation Mansion, you cannot help but thinking of the Movie "Gone With The Wind". The road was lined with tall trees on both sides. If you are a history buff, this is the place to see. All the rooms are furnished with period pieces. The Inn-Keepers, Brett and Michelle were such great hostesses, making our stay very memoriable. Oh, lets not forget Hurley their precious dog. We spent evening on the back porch on rockers just watching the River flow by. The breakfasts were extra special. We will return!

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms. 3 of which have a view of the Rappahannock River.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

How many times will you have the opportunity to spend the night at the birthplace of a U.S. President? Unless you are a U.S. President or a member of the national park service, the answer to that question is... only if you stay at Belle Grove Plantation! I'm a presidential history buff and travel the country visiting presidential sites, so when I saw that the owners of James Madison's birthplace had opened it as a B&B, I jumped at the chance to stay there. And I was thrilled when I learned that a Madison reenactor would be staying there at the same time!

However, if you're not a presidential freak like me, you'll still find BGP to be one of the best B&B experiences you'll have. We love the special care that you get at B&Bs, but sometimes find that places don't quite live up to their billing. But at BGP, you'll find that the facilities look exactly like they do in their photos (which isn't always the case) and you can tell just how much money and love have been put into restoring this historic property. And the hosts, Michelle and Brett, make you feel as if you're the most special guests they'll ever have.

Whether you're a history buff or a couple looking for a romantic getaway in a peaceful setting along the river, Belle Grove Plantation is the place to go.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The experience at Belle Grove was wonderfully customized and personal from the moment you made your reservation to the moment you left. Michelle and Brett were committed to providing the best experience possible from the tour through the house with exquisite detail to the history , the furnishings and gourmet breakfast!!! We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!!! The upstairs rooms probably have the best view since they are higher up!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for my birthday, it was so luxurious, the house and rooms were absolutly beautiful, the breakfast was amazing, and the hospitality was top notch! There is so much history in the house, and the tour was great! There is so much to see and do in the area, historical sites, vinyards, antique shopping, and we also enjoyed a hike down to Fossil Beach nearby. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Thank you Michelle and Brett for a wonderful respite. The history shared was informative, the library a delight and the breakfasts a culinary treat impossible to be topped anywhere else! Your passion shows in both your guests and the property. (PS- what a treat to meet 'Dolly Madison,' and her husband, too!)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place is gorgeous and Michelle & Brett are awesome. We spent our first honeymoon night there and they gave us a room specially decorated for the occasion. We even had a bridal gown, cookies and wine glasses.

Breakfast was really good. We tried grapefruit with frozen yogurt and Michelle's Benedict eggs. It was a good way to recover energy.

Before leaving we could take a mall tour around the plantation and Michelle gave us a coupon for wine tasting in a nearby vineyard.

I wish we could have spent more time there!

Room Tip: The Turner Room is perfect for married couples. It has a carving of an engaged couple from the last...
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My in-laws gave my wife and I the gift of a night at the Belle Grove Plantation and they could not have picked a more perfect getaway for us. Michelle greeted us at the door, gave us an incredibly informative tour of the plantation and its grounds and showed us to our suite, which was breathtaking. The huge, comfortable bed, the full sized bath tub and a parlor with games, books and an overall relaxed atmosphere were among the amenities we enjoyed the most. After a peaceful night's rest, we were able to enjoy a private breakfast in our room (our choice, you can also choose to dine in the main dining hall), where Brett and Michelle oversaw the serving of an exquisite meal. I was truly sorry we had to leave, as it was one of the nicest traveling experiences we've ever had. I highly recommend Belle Grove to anyone looking for the true definition of a "peaceful getaway."

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!