“Solid Country Food, Exceptionally Friendly Service”
Review of Howard's Bakery & Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Howard's Bakery & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
“Solid Country Food, Exceptionally Friendly Service”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Lived in King George a year but hadn't eaten here yet. Finally decided to try it on our way out of town on a day of sight-seeing. Seats were available and we were waited on almost immediately. Food was good, not great, but the service was quick and very friendly. We'll definitely visit again in the future.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank shawnware

Dahlgren, Virginia
“Best place in King George, history”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been in KG for 44 years. Howards has changed hands several times over that span, from Clift's to Shirley's to Howards. It's the cornerstone of KG where all the locals like to eat breakfast, lunch and some do dinner. The place where the "locals" hang out. It's always been good. Nice varied menu, reasonable prices, good service, low wait times.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank benny v
Stafford, Virginia
“Don't pass up this very plain unassuming building - Inside is where the difference is !”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Small local restaurant does Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Have a varied menu. Do up a nice all you can eat salad bar included with most menu items! Both Hot & Cold items. Able to get whole stalk Broccoli steamed not just the crowns! Lots of selections. As you would expect for a home town spot everyone friendly right down to the other patron's in the restaurant. I enjoyed my meal of 2 fish sandwiches with coleslaw tucked in bun and Horseradish (only slight hint of sauce) my companion however seemed distracted from their food by a smell only they could detect. I enjoyed my meal just fine and I can be a bit of a fanatic when it comes to my food. So getting over a cold and being able to taste food again I did not detect any unusual smell and enjoyed every bite of it.. Sad some restaurants will leave there "Lysol" cleaning bucket in food area, ((disgusting!)) but, I did not see this to be the case. Located next door and a connecting door from inside is Howard's Bakery. Every person there as did we walked into the Bakery to check out the goodies. Everything looked good and yummy. Had I not been so full from my meal some goody would have left with me. Even now I regret that I did not get a treat or two to go and I honestly am not a big dessert, sweets type snacky person!

• Visited January 2012