“Worth the Trip”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff at Hampton Inn Dahlgren recommended this restaurant. We traveled a windy road to get there but.... the seafood and atmosphere was top notch...

1  Thank SpringFling2011

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was told this was a really great place for seafood and to go swimming .The food was a little overpriced for what they gave you . We had a trainee waitress and a trained waitress .Next time I will ask for a trained waitress so she can get our order right the first time. The appetizers were good we ordered the Calamari and Corn Nuggets.I ordered the Fried Combo with Oysters and Cod fillet was very small ,2 sm sides slaw and baked beans which were good I was suppose to get hushpuppies which were not on my plate.The waitress brought twice fried greasy rock hard balls on a paper tray Yuk.My husband got the Frd.Shrimp Dinner w/2 sides very sm veg and potatoe salad which he didnt like but ate it anyway.My son had a hamburger w/fries he asked for no onions .It came w/onions anyway.Good thing he's not allergic.2 sodas 1 sweet tea and 1 beer 101.83 including tip .I will never go there again it was not worth it at all.The swimming area was not anything to swim in I would say the water was dirty . There were 2 pipes with I dont know what coming out of them into the water and also a concrete covered pipe that had a sewer smell. I guess I should have had more beer and I probably wouldn't have cared about the price or the swimming hole.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my wife ate here and the food was really good and the wait staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a great deck to seat and eat outside while watching the boats cruise by. The food wasn't too pricey and it was a good way to spend a sunny day, especially when the band is playing.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went this evening and went mainly to check it out as we had a Restaurant dot com certificate. Service was excellent she (Hanna) was very attentive. I order the Prime Rib sandwich and Crab Soup wife was going to order fish tacos until she was told it came with fried fish. She had the Crab soup also and a fish sandwich. The crab soup ranked up there with the best we have had. My prime rib sandwich was Top Round meat shaved thin from a meat cutter. It was as dry and hard as leather on a microwave sub roll. I pulled want I could off the roll and still left half as it was that bad. Wife’s fish sandwich she did not care as she got a broiled Cod and ordered Rock Fish. Waitress misunderstood what she ordered. Honest mistake and mistakes do happen. We would go back as the ambiance was great right on the water with water views everywhere. I would not eat what I had again asI saw mainly cheeseburgers coming out of the kitchen and crab cake sandwiches. I am giving it 3 start because of the service and ambiance. I would go back for drinks.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were on a motorcycle tour and stopped in for lunch. Virginia 218 is a nice country road and the place is a bit out of the way, but worth it. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Our group sat outside and enjoyed the spring sunshine. Two had the fish tacos, one had the soft shell crab and I had the pulled pork. We all were happy with the meal and service.

Wew also noted the Virginia flag flying out front, but in the back, the Maryland flag is flying. History will show that the land grant to Virginia only went to the shoreline. The restaurant is over the water, so you are dining in Maryland.

The parking lot is gravel so take it slow.