“Must try!!”

Dining options: Reservations
New York City
“Must try!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are looking for a great Indian restaurant check out this place!! We tried appetizers and dinner, all was delicious. I had the Bollywood special..amazing!! Do your self a favor and check it out. Just to show how good it was! I had a person that did not like Indian food and 3 children under the age of 5 and all ate everything.

• Visited May 2013

Salisbury, Connecticut
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed Indian food for more than 40 years now, including one two week period in London in the 1970s when we ate Indian food every night. Without claiming to be an expert on the cuisines of the Indian subcontinent, I am pretty confident that I can tell good Indian food from bad.

This place -- sort of an offhand suggestion by the desk clerk at the Comfort Inn on route 301 -- serves GOOD Indian food!! Very good, in fact. We had the attention of our waitress, the owner's wife, and the owner/chef himself in selecting our dinner. The result was delicious!

We also overheard the owner/chef talking with two ladies for whom this was to be their first Indian meal. He guided them in their choices without being condescending or patronizing, and the advice he was giving them was, in my judgement, excellent.

If you're in the habit of ordering condiments on the side when you eat at an Indian restaurant, be sure to try their mixed pickle. It's excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Colonial Beach, Virginia, United States
“Great to have ethic restaurant near Colonial Beach”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Bollywood Masala is a good spot to get a fine meal, especially appreciate having this type of food near Colonial Beach. Entrees on the buffet are quite tasty, just wish the variety would change more frequently. Very pleasant staff and nice, clean enviornment.

Visited March 2013
Texas
“An Unexpected Gem”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had the most delicious meal at this Indian restaurant on Route 301, shortly after crossing into Virginia from Maryland. The husband and wife owners are gracious and welcoming. The husband Raj is also the chef, and he came to our table to help us order. My wife and I love Indian food, but we usually eat Indian at luncheon buffets and don't remember the names of the dishes we liked best. Raj made excellent suggestions of Aloo Tikki Chat (Gourmet Grilled Potato Patties with spices and herbs) as an appetizer, two entrees Mango Kadhai Paneer and Bollywood Chicken (which he made less hot at our request), Garlic Naan, and a homemade Indian Black Forest Cake for dessert. It was truly one of the best meals we have ever eaten. This man is a chef of the highest order. Wish this restaurant was close to home as we would be regulars!

• Visited April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Really Good Indian!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised during my first visit to Bollywood Masala. The food was outstanding! Service was excellent, there was no waiting to be seated and they were very attentive. I would consider Bollywood to be "a little pricey", almost $30 for dinner (including drink and garlic naan). Not something I would do every day but very much something I would do for a really good night out.

• Visited April 2013