“Really? You all like this place this much?”

Best Western Kilmarnock Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilmarnock
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really? You all like this place this much?”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I'm confused. I read all the reviews and was expecting a really pleasant stay here. What I got was two nights of mediocrity. I like how this is the #1 hotel in Kilmarnock. It is also the only hotel in Kilmarnock. I found the front desk clerk not that helpful when I got there. Though he did give me a decent rec for a restaurant. The rooms are tired and the TV made a really odd buzzing noise that was slightly distracting.

There is no fitness center here, which I thought was kind of odd. I'd never been to a hotel for business that didn't have at least a treadmill in a really small room. There were apparently free passes to the Y, but the front desk guy didn't tell me that. I found out for the second day.

I like this area. It's very pretty. And I will probably stay here again, but I won't be happy about it. I wish they'd open a Hampton closer to this place than Gloucester.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank GCC14173

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Enjoyable night....room was nice and clean. Every staff member we had contact with was extremely friendly. Great breakfast, one of the best of all the places we have stayed in recent months. Only minor drawback would be the 25" TV but I guess we have all gotten spoiled at home by having larger HD TV's but this would not stop us from staying there again the next time we are in Kilmarnock.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Booked two rooms for one night. Hotel smells of cigarette smoke upon entering and throughout the hotel. Our non-smoking rooms were directly across from smoking rooms so was hard to escape the smell. Both rooms had visible mold and mildew on the outside wall from an apparent leak. Drywall was pulling away from the window and was black with mold spots. Room smelled of mildew.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maryd4

Travelers are raving about these Kilmarnock hotels

hampton
Reviewed May 19, 2009

we had a great stay at this hotel. it is very clean and the staff attended to every my every need. the breakfast was phenominal!!! we were there to visit family and this hotel is our home away from home. we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
deley27
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stayed at this hotel while traveling in business and found it to be very nice. Rooms were clean, staff was helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was very good. I will definitely stay there if I am back in the area.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Stayed in the HI Express Kilmarnock for an overnight. This HI Express went the extra step in presenting me w/a bag of snacks upon arrival. Not sure if that is because I'm a member of the Priority Club or not but it was a pleasant surprise. No other HI Express did this and it made me feel special. Check in was good--my room location request was honored, room and bathroom clean, location excellent (to the town, shopping and restaurants), continental breakfast very good (included hot items).

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Norfolk
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I stayed here last week while visiting a friend in Kilmarnock. I had stayed here once last year and found it to be clean, quiet and the staff to be helpful and friendly. This had not changed at all. This time I tried the free breakfast and it was pretty good, even having warm biscuits, little omelets, and sausage(?) gravy. The attendant was very nice and kept the dining room clean and the offerings replenished. Later I checked out and went out to my car, which would not start. The woman at the front desk summoned a man from maintenance who jump started my car and gave me directions to the Advance Auto nearby. All of this was done cheerfully. The people at Advance were very nice too. All in all, what could have been a disaster was only a brief inconvenience.

• Liked — The staff and the comfy bed.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmarnock
Quality Inn Gloucester
#3 of 5 in Reedville
Kilmarnock Inn
Kilmarnock Inn
#2 of 2 in Kilmarnock

Been to Best Western Kilmarnock Inn? Share your experiences!