Keswick Hall is a beautiful property with lush green landscaping and a beautiful setting. Our room was nice, it was an odd shaped room which made it hard to maneuver with two people. The bathroom was large, but it has a pedestal sink so there is no where to put your makeup except a narrow ledge above the sink. The A/C never quite gets the room cool enough, they worked on it while we were there, but it never really cooled the room adequately. The restaurant and bar are beautiful, they both look out over the golf course. The bar also had A/C issues, it was hot and very uncomfortable to sit in and have a drink. The food at the hotel was very good, no complaints there. The pool is very nice, but there is not enough service, you have to fix your own lounger with towels and it took forever to get a drink. It seems to me they should have more than one person working the pool area, there were 26 people at the pool at one point. The "spa" is a not a spa like you think of at a 5 star resort. You check in at the golf club and go up an elevator to a very small dressing area and then into a very rundown waiting area that I could not wait to get out of. The massage was good and the actual room where you have the massage was fine. The spa could definitely use many upgrades. It is a nice place, but service is not their forte. The sister property, The Sanctuary, is far superior in every way. I would not go back to Keswick Hall for a vacation, I would go where the service is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for major renovations. It will reopen in 2019. History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick