I have never felt more like a VIP than at Keswick! My husband and I booked through American Express' Fine Hotels & Resorts program, which was an incredibly easy process, and the staff at Keswick were so helpful even before we arrived with information and recommendations on meals and booking spa appointments. We booked a balcony room, hoping for nice weather, and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a gorgeous junior suite. (Other perks through AMEX were a $100 resort credit and breakfast, we paid a few dollars more for room service breakfast but totally worth it to enjoy our suite a few more moments!) We were celebrating both a birthday and anniversary, having found out about the property when it was an Orient Express property on our honeymoon at another Orient Express property. We were treated to a lovely bottle of champagne which we enjoyed on the spacious terrace of our suite, overlooking both the Blue Ridge Mountains and the resort's vineyard. Perfection! Lisa Duke and her team were so accommodating and could not have been more welcoming. Everyone called me by name which was so sweet every time I walked through the lobby. We were also treated to a fabulous tour by Victoria Castelli the resort historian and author of a book about the history of Keswick Hall. We had lunch at the Palmer Room deck which was so nice, we loved the Bloody Mary/Mimosa bar, such a cute touch. We had dinner at Fossett's and again, amazing service, atmosphere, and food. The following day I had a fabulous massage at the spa. The spa decor is definitely from the Laura Ashley days but it was cute and while it isn't a destination spa with lots of amenities, you can use the Club amenities, sauna, etc if you wish. Lunch at Villa Crawford was really lovely too, the service was not as great as our other meals but the buffet was one of the best I have had. I am already dying to go back to this property! We also enjoyed the Horizon pool which was a little chilly for me but still so fun. I liked that they restrict kids to the club pool which is nice for a parent/adult getaway. We only left the property to visit Keswick Vineyards up the road which is a nice little spot for wine tasting if you don't want to drive too far from the resort. I think Sir Ashley would be quite proud that his legacy is living on through the new owners and staff in making guests feel like they are staying at someone's country estate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick