This is a beautiful property but the Golf Course is currently closed for renovation. We can't argue with the room, though it was smaller than we had hoped. And the food was wonderful...the kitchen is the hotels strongest point.
The deficiency is the training of the staff. For example:
-the bellman was supposed to bring us a rollaway for our granddaughter, he forgot
-when we reminded the desk, the rollaway was installed while we were at dinner in a position where it blocked access to the bathroom
-the wine steward had no inventory for the wine conditioner and had to look at every bottle to find the one we ordered
-waiters left used dishes on the table throughout meals
-waiters spilled food and drinks
The new owners need to help these sincere, but untrained, folks improve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and TravelUp so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick