This is a beautiful property but the Golf Course is currently closed for renovation. We can't argue with the room, though it was smaller than we had hoped. And the food was wonderful...the kitchen is the hotels strongest point.
The deficiency is the training of the staff. For example:
-the bellman was supposed to bring us a rollaway for our granddaughter, he forgot
-when we reminded the desk, the rollaway was installed while we were at dinner in a position where it blocked access to the bathroom
-the wine steward had no inventory for the wine conditioner and had to look at every bottle to find the one we ordered
-waiters left used dishes on the table throughout meals
-waiters spilled food and drinks
The new owners need to help these sincere, but untrained, folks improve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Keswick Hall, a grand Italianate villa surrounded by a breathtaking 600 acre estate. Nestled in the rolling hills of Virginia's hunt country, bordering Charlottesville and the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains, is a location best described by Mr Thomas Jefferson as "The Eden of the United States." With 48 unique and elegantly appointed guest rooms, relaxing spacious lounging areas with wood burning fireplaces, expansive terraces sharing unparalleled views, an abundance of sporting activities available, award-winning cuisine; makes this luxurious and inviting mansion truly the ultimate home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick