Thirty years or more ago, this facility housed the second-tier country club in the area. It was reinvented and relaunched in it present form, which has included some ownership changes along the way. Right now, it does everything very well. Having lunched and lodged on several occasions, it has earned my appreciation for its light-touch, but intelligent management. Which means it achieves a measure of excellence without pretension. A good thing. Beautiful Christmas decorations this time of year and you can spend a lot on food or not. The bar makes a nice, inexpensive alternative. But, for me, the rooms are the thing. Someone knew what they were doing when the choices were made. Very comfortable. Very quiet. And almost home-like. The Keswick has become a real favorite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TravelUp and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick