The Keswick Hotel lived up to our known experience. We've stayed many times and although it has changed ownership, several times, it's still a wonderful visit. The public spaces and rooms are typical of an opulent southern mansion, very spacious, with every amenity (including all of the electronics and wifi). If you just have to take your pet, it's pet friendly. All of the staff is abundantly courteous and helpful, especially Lisa at the front desk, a true gem! Their restaurant, Fossett, it quite elegant and the menu/food is very good but it doesn't live up to the rest of the ambiance. It was quirky that so many dish garnishes were either pickled or laced with vinegar. Also, their golf course is under a major refurb and it is not is use. This earth work unfortunately takes away from what is typically a gorgeous setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick