Stayed here for 2 nights with family while visiting Charlottesville area. The resort is within a 10-15 minute drive to "downtown" and Monticello. Overall the place is fantastic. The really good things were the room (especially the bathroom and great shower), the relaxing infinity pool, more than adequate work-out room, the breakfast food (but very expensive), the friendly and helpful staff, and most of all the early coffee cart (6:30 I think) that you can enjoy in very pleasant surroundings. My kids really liked the pool table at night. Hard to find something bad to say, but the one that stands out is the cheesy snacks in the hotel room that are typical overpriced (read: rip-off) shlock that one should only find in hotels of lesser caliber (or how about not at all?). It's really disappointing to arrive in a beautiful resort and magnificent room and then see the basket of peanuts for $12 or bottled water for $7 (I'm just approximating). Am I naive?? Do people actually like this stuff? Anyway, point made. Oh, and the dogs! Some guests have them and they occasionally bark, a lot, in the rooms. Overall this place is a pleasure and I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Keswick Hall, a grand Italianate villa surrounded by a breathtaking 600 acre estate. Nestled in the rolling hills of Virginia's hunt country, bordering Charlottesville and the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains, is a location best described by Mr Thomas Jefferson as "The Eden of the United States." With 48 unique and elegantly appointed guest rooms, relaxing spacious lounging areas with wood burning fireplaces, expansive terraces sharing unparalleled views, an abundance of sporting activities available, award-winning cuisine; makes this luxurious and inviting mansion truly the ultimate home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick