“Terrible customer service! Stay away!”
Review of Castle Hill Cider

Castle Hill Cider
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Keswick
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service! Stay away!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As a brand new customer, I was excited to try Castle HIll for the first time during their annual Cider Fest. The day of, my husband and I were feeling sick, therefore I called the facility to see if there were any other alternatives for that day. I explained to the employee that while we were both sick, we didn't necessarily want to miss the event and would attend if we were unable to receive a refund for our prepaid tickets. After the employee discussed the situation with the manager, he told us it would be no problem to issue a refund and he recorded my contact information.
2 1/2 weeks later after two e-mails, I finally received an e-mail back with no apology, but instead with a remark that they could not give me a refund and that the "event was a blast, too bad you could not make it." A couple days later, I called the event coordinator to discuss the situation, and was told to e-mail her and she would take care of it the following day. Now two weeks later with no reply or acknowledgement, I feel the need to write a review about my first and only experience with Castle HIll.

I am extremely disappointed with their complete and utter lack of customer service. It would be one thing if I had been told in the first place that we could not receive a refund, because then we would have attended the event, but to be promised one thing and then have them go back on their word is inexcusable. Castle Hill clearly cares more about taking money from customers than making and retaining customers. At this point, it is not even about the $40 that I lost to this company, but more the alienation that I have received that I am most disappointed about. I will make sure to let others in the area to stay away from this facility. They have forever lost this Cider lovers' business.

3 Thank Meghan C

Chesapeake, VA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Location.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I wasn't a big fan of the cidar, I would like it a little sweeter. The facility would be an outstanding location for a wedding or any other large gathering. The employee was very kowledable.

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin, Russia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful and different!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here as something different during a trip misty focused on wine tasting, and we were so glad we did! So fun to taste and compare different hard ciders and hear about their process. The location is GORGEOUS- I know they do weddings and I can't imagine a more perfect location. Definitely something fun to check out!

Virginia
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Great cider”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hard cider is coming into its own in central Virginia and you can find some of the best examples available at Castle Hill. Go enjoy the different varieties, including one that is "still," not fizzy. They are delicious and the grounds a delightful place to enjoy tasting them.

Visited September 2013
Sterling, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great cider and beautiful grounds!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Before visiting Castle Hill, I had only had Woodchuck cider out of a bottle. I'm gluten intolerant, so cider is a great alternative for me to beer. Was I in for a very plesant surprise!! When we arrived, there was only two other people there. We ordered some cheese (and a baguette, which my husband ate). The ciders were really, really tasty! I preferred the Levity and Celestial Merret, but all were good. Just as we were finished with our tasting, about 15 people showed up. We ended up buying only four bottles of cider, becuase the server was there by herself...and with all the new guests, she said she didn't have time to box up more cider. Seems to me a real shame to lose more sales, becuase the other person scheduled to work didn't show up that day. Nevertheless, I would definitely go back and may even order some cider from their website once we finish what we have.

Visited October 2013