“Why go into town?”
Review of Fossett's

Fossett's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fossett's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I can't find the word to express who classy and yet affordable the meal are. The view is the most gorgeous - reminding me of a dream or a movie. The food id well prepared as it is presented. The staff are well-mannered, sharp, prompt and tailored.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The dining room is elegant and the service is attentive, but not obtrusive. The food was amazing. Appetizers of pasta with pork and frissee salad were good. The entrees blew us away. I had the crab cakes and a side order of roasted beet with bur rata. My husband has the slow cooked beef and collards. The collards were one of the best we have had. They had pieces of ham, but had lots of acid pop from the vinegar. They were addicting, as were the beets. The crab cakes were delicate. The beef was intensely favorable. We did not have dessert because we were full. The wines were very nice. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, too. The Keswick egg special was superb. We highly recommend the restaurant and hotel. The bar was lively all night long.

1  Thank EmilyManassas
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visited Fossett's during Restaurant week, which offers a 3 course meal for $36.00, with $1.00 going to the local food bank. The atmosphere was great with excellent food and service. They also had a wine special to go along with dinner offering several wines at $26.00 a bottle, which was a great deal. Our experience there made me want to go back often, but unfortunately they are out of my price range normally.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I chose to spend New Years Eve at Fossett's because a mutual friend had recently joined the kitchen staff. I knew as soon as we walked up to the building we were going to have a great night. The trees in the front of the building were full of beautiful lights, it just looked so inviting. We were early for our dinner reservation so we went to the bar for a cocktail. Both of us being bourbon drinkers, he tried the Manhattan and I had a drink that had one large cube with an orchid in it. Both were amazing! The bartenders and other staff were so friendly. Once our table was ready we were greeted with complimentary champagne. The menu for the evening was a 5 course pre fixe. We did have a choice on the entrée and one other course. All of the courses came out in a timely fashion and the presentation was beautiful. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier helped us choose a bottle in our price range. The dining room staff was very attentive to us even though all the other tables were full. I am very happy we spent our first New Years Eve together at Fossett's.

1  Thank misstufsy
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My daughter made reservations at Fossett's to celebrate my wife's special birthday. The food, the ambiance and the service were superb. All four of us were impressed with the taste of the food, the presentation of each course and the care of our servers. From the moment we walked into Keswick Hall, we knew we were somewhere special. My wife and daughter admired the beautiful fireplace in the lobby, and the hostess, overhearing them, seated us in front of the roaring fire in the dining room. The experience just kept getting better and better through dessert. I cannot recommend Fossett's enough! It is pricey, but we thought it was worth every penny to make such an important occasion so perfect.