“Look Out Harbour Island!”

The Shipyard Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine waterfront dining in Spanish Wells! Fresh cooked food with a modern twist. Serving Lunch and Dinner Wednesday through Sunday
Reviewed June 22, 2014

It is not hard being the 'best restaurant in town' when you are the 'only restaurant in town'! However, when compared to some of the swankier (and much more expensive) venues on Harbour Island, the Shipyard certainly holds it own. The food is excellent, the service is outstanding and the price is much more reasonable (than what can be found on Harbour Island). Having a great dinner and/or cocktails on the Shipyard patio with a beautiful breeze is truly a pleasure. The only suggestion I have for the management is to both reduce volume of the music (its just too loud to be able to have a conversation without shouting) and to possibly select music that is a bit less 'Justin Bieberish' (perhaps some nice classical or soft jazz).

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The recently opened Shipyard is an excellent dinner option for Spanish Wells. It is the only restaurant that I know of that offers adult beverages with your meal. The picturesque views are truly amazing and the staff was friendly. The food was pretty good and the service was average.

1  Thank Jenny0124
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Was on the island for about 10 days. We (Kristina) and myself had dinner and cocktails here at least 5/6 times. Food was excellent each time, the service was first class. The happy hour special was a nice touch, 2 for 1. The area of Spainsh Wells does not have many places for a nice sit down meal, and The Ship Yard was a welcome find. Kristina had a few cocktails that she said were excellent. I had the local beers, Sands. Food was excellent, we had most of the main course meals, all were good. Sitting by the water having a beer is the best vacation one could have. Not sure of the local laws/ageement but it would be nice if it was open 7 days a week. It's closed Monday and Tuesday.

1  Thank Sea B
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Visited here with our local friends. I'm sure the amazing company had a lot to do with our awesome experience here, but other than that, the food was incredible. The crawfish bites were the bes thing I've had on the island so far. So incredibly delicious. We had the fish dip which was so good. My husband had the fishwich. Which he said tasted like it had been caught hours ago, and I had the fish tacos which were so very good. Next time we go, though I'm ordering anything and everything crawfish. Also, we were provided with plenty of water when we all ordered it, which I loved. Not just bottles of water, but full glasses and a pitcher with lots of ice. Yum.

1  Thank Brophy J
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find this restaurant serving Bahamian ingredients with a modern twist. For the Out Islands, this is a fairly sophisticated spot, and after weeks and weeks of fried fish and conch when we dined out, this was very welcome. We shared a stone crab claw appetizer -- it was huge and delicious. My lobster salad was excellent, though I shouldn't have been surprised, since Spanish Wells is the lobster capital of the Bahamas.