Hope and Glory Inn
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bay Motel(Reedville)
View Hotel
Quality Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)
View Hotel
Hampton Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsnorthern neckthe cottagestrick dogb bperfect getawaywonderful hostsselect registrybed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousboutique hoteltwo night staysmall roomcrab cakesfront porchgreat weekendmain buildingpeggy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2007

The service was first-class. Amazing ambiance and food.
Peggy and Dudley make this in one of a kind. Thier love for the inn is reflected in its charm, decor, cleanliness, beautiful gardens and outstanding service. I recommend this for anyone who truly wants a great experience in a romantic inn.

1  Thank E&DLynch
Reviewed July 23, 2007

If your looking for the perfect getaway nothing is better then Hope and Glory. Lock up the blackberry, hop on a bicycle and feel like a kid again riding through the vineyards, enjoying the water, and GREAT food at the chefs table. H&G knows romance better then any other B&B.

H&G is a must!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank jsiege2
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I've stayed at Hope and Glory three times in the past year and have never had anything but a wonderful time. This is the most beautiful and relaxing place I've ever stayed - a perfect place to unwind. But the best thing about the Inn is the people. In all the times I've stayed here, I don't think anybody has ever said no to any request I've made. Everybody on the staff is welcoming and helpful. The chef is incredible; I highly recommend the Saturday evening Chef's table.

Perfect getaway!

1  Thank remktr
Reviewed July 8, 2007

The Hope and Glory Inn was amazing. From the moment we drove up to the Inn, I fell in love. The beautiful flowers, the moon garden, the shabby chic decorations... One of my boyfriend's favorite things was a modern looking bar where we could have a drink later in the evening. Our room was small, but we never felt cramped because we had the run of the inn and gardens as well. (If you want more privacy, I would go for one of the private cottages - which were absolutely beautiful.) We opted for the Friday night crab cruise with all you can eat steamed crabs and shrimp. What is better than cruising around, drinking beer and wine, eating crabs and listening to Jimmy Buffett? For dessert, the best homemade oatmeal raisin cookies that I've ever had. We went for coffee and dessert (yes, another dessert because I needed chocolate too) at the Trick Dog Cafe. The dessert was great, and if we were staying another night, we would have definitely had dinner there. Took a shower outdoors in the moonlight, with twinkly lights and fireflies, and the branches overhead. It was heavenly. The next morning was a solid, if somewhat small breakfast, on the outdoor brick patio. Everyone there was friendly and accomodating. Loved it, and I'll be comparing every other B&B and Inn to it in the future. Would go again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank sunshineDC
Reviewed July 6, 2007

This was one of our best B&B experiences. The buildings are beautiful and the hospitality was fabulous. Peggy and Dudley made us feel like one of the family.

We stayed in a suite on the 3rd floor, a free upgrade from a queen room. Breakfast was served on the back patio each morning...a great breakfast by the way.

The grounds are private and inviting...including an outdoor private tub that we didn't try out but that could be very romantic. I wish I had someone getting married...this would be a fabulous place for the ceremony/reception.

We were looking at the area as a possible retirement site and Peggy and Dudley did everything to convince us that Irvington was the place!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple