“We travel a lot and mostly stay at 4 or 5 star hotels.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hope and Glory Inn

Hope and Glory Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Irvington B&B and Inns
Falls Church
“We travel a lot and mostly stay at 4 or 5 star hotels.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

My wife and I loved the accommodations but the best part of the our trip was getting to meet and spend time with Dudley and Peggy.
They simply make it impossible not to enjoy your stay.
We can not wait to get back! Do not hesitate to stay and the Hope and Glory Inn.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank WPV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

Our family (my husband, me and our 13 month old daughter) just returned from a long weekend at The Hope and Glory and we could not have had a more enjoyable time. Everything was beyond perfect from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Dudley and Peggy are the most wonderful hosts who make you feel rigth at home and address you by name each time they see you. We were a little nervous bringing our 13 month old daughter on vacation, but the Inn was so welcoming to all of us and it was a perfect get-away for our family. We highly recommend the Inn and will absolutely return for another trip. Thank you for a great weekend!
Will, Liz and Ryan

• Liked — Very friendly and always felt welcomed and at home
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank willjones1
Northern VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

My husband, daughter and I stayed here as a last minute getaway before our second daughter was born last June. I had read an article about the Hope and Glory Inn in Mary Englebreit's Home Companion months before our visit and was so looking forward to visiting the Inn after the rave reviews in the article....we stayed in a cottage near the main house.

Pros...
We loved the privacy that the separate cottage offered so we did not have to feel as if our five year old daughter was bothering other guests.

The main house and the cottage decorations were lovely. Definately have to be a lover of shabby chic (which I am) to appreciate them. Extremely romantic setting.

Town is cute...fun to meander through the boutiques.

Cons...
High price....at the $300 plus per night that we paid for the room, I was disappointed to find a $2 each charge for the glass of diet coke that my husband and I requested for breakfast. We were not told about the charge in advance but even if we had been seems tacky to charge a guest for a glass of diet coke when they are already paying $300 plus per night for the room. We did not drink and juice, tea or coffee for breakfast (just the diet coke) so they would have saved a little money on our portion of those drinks anyhow.

The bath room was tiny...very shabby chicy which I don't mind but some might hope for a larger bathroom at the rates that the Inn is charging. The bath amenities were definately not first rate for this price...we got one tiny bottle of shampoo (not enought for three days and three people...two of them with long hair) and one tiny bar of soap....perhaps this issue has been remedied since our visit but I would definately hope for more luxury bath amenities than a Motel 6 at this price point.

• Liked — Beautifully romantic decor
  • Disliked — Value
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank kerri53
dpatteson, Owner at Hope and Glory Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2007
Kerri53,

Of most importance, Peggy and I truly thank you for staying with us and recommending our inn to so many -

An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, Older travelers, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists.

Although we remodeled our bathrooms this year, there is not much we can do about enlarging them since most of our cottages are historic structures; yet, we can address the other “cons”.

With regard to your next two comments, we wish you had brought them to our attention during your stay. Upon check in, we stress that we are here to serve you; and, if we have overlooked anything, please make us aware so that we can have had the opportunity to correct it before your departure

The posting of your diet cokes at breakfast was in error. We presumed that the soda charges were incurred at some other time during your stay. In reviewing your folio it appears that was a charge from our bar “Detention” which was most likely an error on our part. Please accept our apologies. Again, had you brought this to our attention, we would have removed them from your folio. We will still do so. Sodas are complimentary at breakfast along with limitless coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice.

We pay a premium for our toiletries which are only top of the line; and, regret they did not meet your needs. Were you short in supply, we would have gladly brought you more; or, in your case, taken the time to find you what you wanted even if it meant a trip to the store in your behalf.

We were here to serve you during your stay; and, with notice, your needs would have been met immediately - this is the standard we set for our inn.

We look forward to your return and we thank you again for recommending us.
E&DLynch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2007

The service was first-class. Amazing ambiance and food.
Peggy and Dudley make this in one of a kind. Thier love for the inn is reflected in its charm, decor, cleanliness, beautiful gardens and outstanding service. I recommend this for anyone who truly wants a great experience in a romantic inn.

1 Thank E&DLynch
fairfax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

If your looking for the perfect getaway nothing is better then Hope and Glory. Lock up the blackberry, hop on a bicycle and feel like a kid again riding through the vineyards, enjoying the water, and GREAT food at the chefs table. H&G knows romance better then any other B&B.

H&G is a must!

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank jsiege2
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2007

I've stayed at Hope and Glory three times in the past year and have never had anything but a wonderful time. This is the most beautiful and relaxing place I've ever stayed - a perfect place to unwind. But the best thing about the Inn is the people. In all the times I've stayed here, I don't think anybody has ever said no to any request I've made. Everybody on the staff is welcoming and helpful. The chef is incredible; I highly recommend the Saturday evening Chef's table.

Perfect getaway!

1 Thank remktr
D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

The Hope and Glory Inn was amazing. From the moment we drove up to the Inn, I fell in love. The beautiful flowers, the moon garden, the shabby chic decorations... One of my boyfriend's favorite things was a modern looking bar where we could have a drink later in the evening. Our room was small, but we never felt cramped because we had the run of the inn and gardens as well. (If you want more privacy, I would go for one of the private cottages - which were absolutely beautiful.) We opted for the Friday night crab cruise with all you can eat steamed crabs and shrimp. What is better than cruising around, drinking beer and wine, eating crabs and listening to Jimmy Buffett? For dessert, the best homemade oatmeal raisin cookies that I've ever had. We went for coffee and dessert (yes, another dessert because I needed chocolate too) at the Trick Dog Cafe. The dessert was great, and if we were staying another night, we would have definitely had dinner there. Took a shower outdoors in the moonlight, with twinkly lights and fireflies, and the branches overhead. It was heavenly. The next morning was a solid, if somewhat small breakfast, on the outdoor brick patio. Everyone there was friendly and accomodating. Loved it, and I'll be comparing every other B&B and Inn to it in the future. Would go again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank sunshineDC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvington
Hampton Inn Gloucester
#3 of 5 in Reedville
Ma Margaret's House B&B
Ma Margaret's House B&B
#1 of 5 in Reedville

Been to Hope and Glory Inn? Share your experiences!