All reviewsfrisbee golfnorthern neckresort feeginger alepar golf coursegarden housechesapeake roommain buildingshe crab soupchesapeake baygolden eaglewater viewthe main dining roomcarter's creekturn down servicefire pitsouthern hospitality
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Tides Inn for 2 nights as a getaway from the busy city life. It was an easy drive from Washington, DC.
We were greeted by welcoming staff, and loved our nice, clean, comfortable room. We had free wireless internet in the room, but it was terrible quality and didn't work well.
Although The Tides offered many different activities throughout the day, this is not the place to go if you're looking for an action packed vacation. My husband and I spent our time reading on the deck overlooking the water, exploring the local towns, and taking in the beautiful scenery. One night we took part in a marshmallow roast - it was a lot of fun! We met other guests and everyone was very kind. The Tides offers many opportunities to mingle with other guests, but if you're looking for a quiet time it can easily be avoided.
There are several small towns nearby that are worth checking out. We drove and parking was easy.
Also, the restaurant at The Tides Inn was incredible. The most amazing crab dishes I've had in a VERY long time. I'd go back simply to have supper!
Overall, I was pleased with The Tides Inn. I don't think I'd ever stay longer than a weekend (it'd get boring fast), but it's a nice, relaxing retreat, especially if you live nearby (in the Washignton, DC area, for instance).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank annilizzi
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I recently stayed for 3 days at The Tides Inn. We stayed in a suite which was nice, since the bedroom had a separate TV from the living room. The bathroom was great with separate shower and a deep soaking tub. We used the kayaks twice and it was really nice. You had a choice of a 2-person or 1-person kayak. We enjoyed the Smores at night. I loved the free lemonade and cookies available throughout the day. We also rode the bikes into town...don't worry it's not far. I think it was the first time I had been on a bike in fifteen years. It was so nice overlooking the creek. Everyone was really polite and professional. I liked the turn-down service in the evening. The grounds were beautiful. The only opportunity I saw was that it appeared some of the outside maintenance was deferred. I recommend the replacement of the back steps, they appeared to be quite shabby. The pool didn't appear to be cleaned while I was there. There was quite a bit of sand in it. Overall, these small opportunities wouldn't prevent me from coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the creek.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Luvthebeach01
Reviewed June 13, 2011

After reading at a few reviews, I was concerned rooms might not meet superior standards. We stayed in the Garden wing with balcony overlooking the Bay and it met all expectations. Not even a smidgin' of disappointment. A lovely suite just large enough without being too large, wet bar, terrific bathroom, comfy bed, bathrobes and large balcony. This resort has an ambiance of summer camp "superior", complete with campfires and Smores, kayaking, bicycles, swimming, golf, tennis...all in style. Grounds are immaculately and beautifully kept, manicured to perfection. Public rooms are fashioned in relaxed elegance, all with expansive and beautiful bay views.

After a 2 day stay, we immediately booked a 7 day stay later in the month. Dogs are accepted and at fair rates. It can be truly referred to as dog friendly. While a number of hotels accept pets, prices are outrageous and hardly "friendly."

The small, tidy and charming village of Irvington offers a couple of informal eateries. But best of all is a combination deli-catering business just 2 miles down the road in a neighboring village (White Rock?). A colorful chef and crew, offeri truly wonderfully prepared food, take out dinners and lunches. BBQ chicken is superb. Ribs equally superb. Try a REAL Reuben for lunch, melt in your mouth. And don't miss their cheesecake. Jimmie's Market (apologies if the name is incorrect) and the front desk can direct you correctly. After leaving the hotel contiinue straight on King Carter Dirve. At the stop sign continue straight...2 miles to the next village and you've arrived.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank simmonsparis
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This place is amazing. The room was clean and cozy and beautiful views! The food was great and the location was so quaint. We loved the back side of this inn. Beautiful water views and great pool. This whole town is a great place to escape to!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicoleSienna
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Staying at The Tides Inn is like taking a step back in time to another more glamerous era. When you pull up you are greeted outside on the circular drive, by a nice gentleman who directs you and offers help with luggage. Our room is lovely, water view from our private balcony,plantation shutters, beautiful bathroom and an extremely comfortable bed. Excellent air conditioning. We have enjoyed biking, tennis, boating and swimming and not paid extra for anything. All is included in the 29 dollar resort fee. The meals are excellent, gourmet and you are expected to dress nicely in the dining room. The feel is first class and everyone has greeted us with a smile and made us feel like a VIP. A wonderful place to come for a relaxing escape from a hectic world.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple