i have just returned from staying in this hotel
+ is that the food and the Hotel are great the staff are informative and the waiters in the restaurant work really hard trying to ensure you get a seat.
- is that it is in the middle of no where, there is really no where to go, there are a couple of bars about 10-15mins walk away, the shuttle bus the hotel provides is inadequate it runs very infrequent,taxi's cost around 6-7 euros week days but the rate goes up at the weekend?
the beaches are in the middle of housing estates and can be very steep to get to and not disable friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the Algarve, the Baia Grande Hotel is 3km from the center of Albufeira and 750mts from the Coelha Beach. Four star high quality with 131 rooms, spacious play areas and gardens, providing an elegant, comfortable and relaxing environment. Located 750 meters from Coelha Beach and 3 kilometres from the centre of Albufeira, Baia Grande Hotel with amazing sea views has 131 spacious rooms, play areas and gardens. Of the 131 rooms 10 are Senior Suites with Sea View, 2 Junior Suites with Land View, 80 rooms with Sea View and 39 with Land View. All rooms are equipped with 2 single beds (for up to 1 extra bed), private bathroom, LCD TV with satellite channels, individual air-conditioning, minibar, safe, direct telephone and balcony. In the public areas are 1 restaurant, the "Mermaid Restaurant" where you can taste buffet breakfast or dinner overlooking the pool and theme nights (includes barbecue in summer), also available à la carte menu. The "Piano Bar" overlooking the sea where you can enjoy live music and great cocktails and "Neptune Bar", located next to the pool where you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks throughout the day. Hotel Baia Grande also offers indoor heated pool, outdoor swimming pool for adults and children, Jacuzzi (in both pools), sauna, massage and treatment room, table tennis, billiards, table football, giant chess game, free WI-FI internet in all the hotel, live music, a limousine service, rent-a-car, TV and reading room, private parking and transportation for hotel guests to Albufeira (4 times per day, 7 days a week) and Praia da Gale (Monday to Friday, 3 times per day). The reception is open 24 hours. Baia Grande Hotel has 4 meeting rooms for your events, "Sao Rafael", "Sesmarias", "Albufeira" and "Atlantico" with a maximum capacity of 300 people. The Baia Grande Hotel can also organize your banquets, weddings, company parties and other special occasions meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baia Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Grande Albufeira
- Baia Grande Hotel Albufeira