Baia Grande
$276
$263
$206
$140
Torre Velha Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Pool
Vila Joya(Gale)
$602
$199
Hotels.com
Vila Gale Atlantico(Gale)(Great Value!)
$133
Hotel Maritur(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$88
$71
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,078 results
All reviewsgale beachpiano barshuttle busold townrabbit beachpool areayear after yearfree minibuslovely hotelout of the wayrelaxing holidaysea viewhome from homeplenty of sunbedslocal beachlovely poolmain town
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our third visit to the Baia Grande and again we have not been disappointed.
Sea view room - half board £56-00 per night for the two of us - wow!
All staff polite and friendly, but special thanks to Maria in the restaurant who's service was outstanding, although busy you were always greeted with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. Pool area very pleasant for relaxing, yes the hotel is rather out of the way (which we prefer) but there are lovely cliff top walks nearby with amazing views and if you do not have a car there is a free shuttle mini bus service to Gale Beach and Albuferia several times a day.
Will return for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CockooCockoo
Paulo D, Manager at Baia Grande, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear client,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your observations about Baia Grande..
Thank for your comments about our staff, service and for you loyalty to our hotel.
Our location is a high advantage for clients that want to rest and relax.
I hope to see you soon back at Baía Grande.
+351289583500

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Baia Grande in July 2012, this was our 6th time staying at this lovely hotel. The staff are all welcoming and friendly and between them speak a large proportion of European languages.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and cleaned daily to a very high standard. The breakfast is delicious and you can have a much or a little as you like. The breakfast buffet includes the usual fully English delights, fruit and yoghurt, pastries, toast cold meats and cheese (I'm sure I've probable left something out) overall something for everyone. There is a lovely large pool with a pool side bar. A bus providing free transport to the beach and Albufiera is provided. The last bus in is at a good time for a lovely evening meal and a taxi back is about 10 Euros. The hotel is in a lovely location but I would advise having a car to get around. My top tip is to book a sea view room ( well worth it).

We did the BBQ evening which was fantastic! A large selection of food cooked to a high standard. My favourite part was the selection of desserts (yum!).

Overall a great hotel well worth a visit. We hope to return again this year.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Unknown888

Dear client,
Thank you very much for taking you time to write a post about Baia Grande.
I am glad that you enjoyed Baia Grande and will return in the future.
Thank you very much for you generous words about Baia Grande and our staff..
This year, once more, we will held our weekly barbeque. I expect to see you around the pool. I am sure that the desserts will be yummier than last year.
Thank you very much for staying at Baia Grande. I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We first stayed at this hotel around 3 or 4 years ago for 5 days in the Summer - It was very good and we enjoyed it. We had a long weekend recently and went back for 4 nights last weekend - We actually got a great deal on their website at 41 Euro per night BB for the two of us - So £18 each - What a deal++++
Anyway as I say this was our 2nd visit - Let's get one thing out of the way - It's not a 4 star hotel in my opinion but it is a good 3 star. The rooms are dated now - no change from our 1st visit. They really need sprucing up. It's a small hotel, very cosy and accommodating. No kettle etc in rooms, comfortable very spacious beds, small indoor swimming pool, great outdoor pool area, lifts to all floors, wheelchair friendly. Buffet breakfast which is more than adequate - great fresh coffee.
The staff were excellent - they even produced a birthday cake for my wife which was left in our room (cleaner must have seen the cards lined up on the dressing table or even noted it from her passport) now that's impressive. Nothing is too much trouble - we were due to check out before breakfast started cos of flight times and they made up 2 packed lunches for us in lieu. Great Service.
Drinks in the bar are expensive (I wasn't too bothered at £18 each B & B though). Didn't use the al la carte restaurant so I can't talk about the food in that respect.

Will I go again - you bet I will.

Room Tip: Because we went on a cheapy we were not bothered about room position and faced outwards (on other side from pool area). You can pay a little extra for a pool / sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeatherLes
Paulo D, Manager at Baia Grande, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel.
I am glad that you had a good experience with us and return on this occasion.
I thank you your comment about our staff and service. I hope that you have enjoyed the cake.
I hope that I have the pleasure of see you again at Baia Grande in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just back from a 3 week stay at this fabulous hotel. Have to agree with every positive comment from previous reviews. Great to have met you all, by the way, and thx to Barbara A for the 1st aid kit! Thx also to Nadia and Anna for the spotless room, which I think is the best in the hotel. It was huge with a large balcony. Will ask for it next time as will definately return. The food is so fresh and varied, the staff friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Courtesy bus useful. Everything is done to ensure you have a great stay. Just one small tip. To use the indoor pool you need a swim cap, which can be bought from the hotel, so if you have one take it with you.see you again Baia Grande. Will recommend.

Room Tip: Pool/ seaview a must. The higher up the better view. Having said that I was on the lower floor and I wouldn't change it for anything.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank minseee
Paulo D, Manager at Baia Grande, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for taking you time to review our hotel.
I am glad that you had a good time with us on these vacations. I will pass along your compliments to Nadia and Ana.
I appreciate your comments about our staff
I hope that I have the pleasure of see you again at Baia Grande next year.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently returned from Albufiera for a 5 days break with 4 other female friends, and we stayed at the Baia Grande! I must say it is a fantastic hotel, withing a beautiful environment, loved everything about it, from the day staff to the night staff and Victor ( bar man at night) who was ever so charming, they always were there to help, no frown no funny looks, the room were so clean, the pool area is just a pretty sight, because of the time of the year we visited, we couldn't swim outside but the indoor pool was heated and equally beautiful, my friends enjoyed the sauna... Best was the breakfast and dinner , there was a shuttle bus daily at different times into the old town, beach and marina...we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and oh.... The Friday and Saturday night entertainment, on Friday there was this beautiful family band who played , it was lovely.

If we ever returned to Albufiera, we would definitely be staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose rooms towards the back of the hotel to get a good view of the sea!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cara320

Dear client,
Thank you for you post about Baia Grande.
Thank you very much for you compliments to our service and staff. I am glad you enjoyed on night entertainment and the atmosphere at Piano Bar.
Thank you very much for staying at Baia Grande. I hope to see you back soon.