See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I were looking for a getaway place to stay near Virginia Tech after the football game and we came across Heavens Holler. After reviewing the website, we booked the Loft Suite. Every review we found was excellent so we anticipated a wonderful stay. Our expectations were far exceeded. John and Linda are truly generous and charming hosts. We arrived late afternoon and John, Linda and their sweet dogs greeted us. We were shown to our beautiful room with a private veranda and sipped wine by the pond on the hammock. We had made prior arrangements for John and Linda to prepare us a private dinner. Words can not do the meal justice. It was spectacular!!! Everything was beautifuly prepared and presented.....each delicious course outdid the last. The after dinner "music" on the porch was the perfect ending to a perfect day. The next morning we enjoyed the fresh mountain air with the perfectly brewed coffee and then feasted on an amazing breakfast. The only downside to our stay was having to say good bye. But we will return again very soon!!!

Date of stay: October 2010
1  Thank KimberlyB22
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I looked high and low as I planned for our recent getaway. We needed a place to unwind from summer's hectic schedule and prepare mentally to handle what we knew would be an exceptionally stressful fall. We ended up finding the truly perfect place: Heavens Holler. We've had the good fortune to stay in numerous B&B's in the states as well as the UK and Australia. Heavens Holler ranks among the very best we've ever experienced and is the first where we would happily return and stay again in the same suite... knowing the wonderful little surprises of a new place wouldn't be waiting for us. John and Linda are hospitality personified. They were warm and welcoming and we shared much interesting conversation. However, they were also very skilled at disappearing and leaving us to linger in privacy. The grounds are simply gorgeous and the large front porch is perhaps the most relaxing place we've ever experienced. The house itself is marvelous, as is the loft suite where we stayed. The entire place is full of intricate details... much of it handcrafted by John himself. It was the breakfast, though, that elevated our stay beyond excellent to truly exceptionally special. Between us, we had three different dishes during our stay and they were all very good, but Linda's Bavarian pancakes are just magical. Delicious simply doesn't do them justice. If you are looking for a place to relax your body, mind, and spirit, and reconnect with the one you love, you will find no finer spot than Heavens Holler.

1  Thank Angie C
Reviewed September 18, 2010

After viewing the B&B website, I pondered with the idea, not to expect it to be as wonderful as what was depicted. But I was wrong. From the moment we turned off the street and traveled down the windy drive, I was captured by the natural beauty of the property. Our loft suite, was a private haven for the two of us. The details were everywhere, in design, art, dining, and pure comfort. We enjoyed the sweet dogs, the charming cats, the barn critters (especially the duck that took flight while we ate our breakfast on the porch). We enjoyed our hikes around the property, especially down to the serene pond with the little island in the middle. It was like a slice of heaven. Thank you to John and Linda, who we truly enjoyed meeting and getting to know.

Date of stay: September 2010
Reviewed August 25, 2010

………………..and you wake up realizing it was just a dream. But then again I was not dreaming. Staying at the Heavens Holler Bed and Breakfast feels just a dream. They have the rolling mountains, which are glorious to awaken by, or even watch as the evening sets in. If you are so fortunate you may even get a night serenade by an accomplished musician while the evening sets in. This Bed and Breakfast has a spacious loft, which offers space and romance for the times you want to spend with the one you love. John and Linda helped us have a romantic evening by providing the most eloquent of provisions and a plentitude of privacy. Our experience at Heaven’s Holler was like a dream come true. It is a quiet little nook that is off the beaten path so make sure you get the room with dinner so there is no need to leave because you will not want to leave this oasis of peacefulness. I loved the walk to the pond as the sun was setting as the frogs jumped in the calm waters. Calming to the soul and mind. The breakfast was also a delight worth mentioning. Waking to the smells alone can be refreshing but when we had the Omelet and French toast…………..it was truly delectably. Peaches were in season so we were able to have fresh peaches with our breakfast but looking at the nice sized pumpkins in the garden it may be a reason to return in the fall. I know our expectations were exceeded at this beautiful B and B and we plan to return in the future.

John and Patrice

Reviewed August 21, 2010

What can I say about Heavens Holler other than it truly is a taste of heaven on earth in every way! I found this gem on the internet on a last minute whim to take my husband on a much needed getaway and to say I was happy with the find would be a complete understatement. It worked out that John and Linda had one room available (the Loft - the one I fell in love with when I saw it's pictures on the internet!) for the one night we were able to get away, and they completely took care of everything once I told them what we needed. We ended up doing a dinner package which was nothing short of fantastic - surf and turf on our private veranda accompanied by the most delicious veggies and fruits (heirloom tomato appetizer, unbelievable corn on the cob, a mushroom pasta that was SO good and a peach and cherry sorbet dessert) ... most of which was delivered straight out of their garden onto the plate. We like good food - and now I think we have a new standard!
The room was just beautiful - I really can't do it justice with a description and would get my period architecture all mixed up, but it is truly a work of art. And the views off the veranda are stunning and so unbelievably calming. The suite and it's outdoor space were so incredibly spacious and comfortable in every possible way.
I was very much looking forward to breakfast after having had such an incredible dinner, and Linda and John aced it again! Fresh fruit, french toast, eggs benedict, asparagus, roasted potatoes - thank goodness there were 50-acres waiting for us to explore and burn off all of those morning calories! Add in a little time throwing ball with the dogs and I think we would have been ready for another meal if we could have only stayed longer.
If you have a chance to head out to Heavens Holler - I couldn't recommend anything more highly (just make sure you arrive hungry because you are not going to want to waste one morsel that they serve!). John and Linda are two of the sweetest souls and I will forever remember how well they took care of us.