See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2016

When our GPS stated we had arrived at our destination we did not see anything but more gravel road. Looking closer we saw the plaque stating Heavens Holler. We were hesitant to go farther down the incline of a dirt and gravel path of a road, but we did, and soon were met with the most magnificent mountain valley "holler" setting imaginable! The inn itself was created from a former homesite, and now has all the amenities one could want or need. This B&B has beautiful mountain views, quietness, fish ponds, free range ducks, geese, turkeys, and chickens, meadows with ponies, and birds. Beautiful flower beds and manicured trails for walking. Truly a relaxed atmosphere.
A choice of fine wines and spirits in the evening and a choice of menu selections for the most delicious homemade breakfast items ever!!!! John and Linda Franklin know how to be true servants to their guests. The beautiful dogs welcomed us and walked the trails with us! A lovely stop for couples!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HeavensHoller, Owner at Heavens Holler B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

We so Enjoyed your visit with us here at Heavens Holler. It would be great to have you back someday soon.
All the best, Linda and John

Reviewed June 9, 2016

What a tremendous stay at Heaven's Holler! Everything was more than perfect, including our son's wedding! John and Linda were the best hosts ever and somehow had time to make sure the wedding set-up and event went according to plan. #major downpour2hours before. The pictures are coming in and the site is nothing short of amazing! The guests for the wedding came from everywhere and the universal description was OMG. Just blown away! Hurry and plan a visit, you will be so grateful you did, I promise!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

It was truly a remarkable wedding! Please come back and stay when there is time to fish and swim in the ponds.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

My brother had an early-summer wedding here and my family stayed in their 3 rooms. I don't think I could have imagined a more perfect wedding site and will probably never attend a more perfect wedding, and I think every guest there agrees. Pulling up to the property for the first time really takes your breath away, and just about everything about the property is picturesque and dreamy. John and Linda were fun to be around, accommodating, very warm, good energy. Breakfasts were fantastic. They really gave my brother and his wife a priceless, beautiful weekend that I think my family will be eternally grateful for. Nobody wanted to leave and I know that a lot of us will be coming back.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2016

The weekend plan was a gift to my husband after a month of crazy long work hours. A few miles away from the B&B our car tanked! Not only were John and Linda willing to come pick us up, they helped us quickly find an awesome mechanic and assisted us with transportation while our car was repaired. They were absolutely wonderful, they saved our weekend! Our room was lovely and private, overlooking gorgeous mountains and waking up to the pitter patter of little pony feet. Gazing out the windows will put you at rest, the fresh air and all the life around you will force you to decompress and remember what it is like to enjoy life!

The Town of Floyd is alive with music, great food and truly wonderful people. The food is awesome, we are real foodies and I it is amazing how the restaurants are able to make the simplest dish better than anything you can find in NoVA. Food is fresh and full of flavor.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was at Heaven's Hollar, Linda is an incredible cook! Breakfast was a full meal with a seasonable vegetable, absolutely delicious with no leftovers. John and Linda are so interesting to talk to, they are down to earth and have the right perspective on life and family, awesome people!

I recommend Floyd and Heaven's Hollar for anyone that needs or wants to get away to some where rejuvenating and fun!

Room tip: All rooms are wonderful, we chose the one with the tub & balcony to sip wine and take in the views!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We must admit the Marshall's Auto was such a great neighbor to work on Sunday to get you back up and running in time get back home. It was a fun weekend! Please come back and see us.

Reviewed October 6, 2015

The views are mesmerizing! My husband and I often stay and B&Bs and this one is definitely one of our favorites. We stayed in the Fountain Cottage which was very roomy and even has a kitchenette and a small living-room area. The bed was very comfortable, the night was dark, quiet and peaceful - perfection! We enjoyed the views while sitting out on the "knob" - at a 3,000-foot elevation, the views are beautiful - mesmerizing! There are many manicured hiking trails through out the property and while out hiking we munched on apples straight from the tree, spooked a few deer and even ran across a small family cemetery. They offer a menu of selections for breakfast and serve it up hot and tasty the next morning! What a treat! The Franklins have created a heaven in their holler and they sure know how to make people happy! Can't wait to go back!

Room tip: The fountain cottage is our favorite, but all 3 rooms are great!
Date of stay: September 2015