“A Must-Visit”
Review of Cabin At The Mill

Cabin At The Mill
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntly
Cabin At The Mill
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Beautiful cabin - everything is brand-new and is not your typical "cabin" stay. The grounds are gorgeous and there are a lot of wineries to visit in the area. The Inn at Little Wasington is not too far away either. There is a little play-ground if you have children and a wonderful creek as well as hiking areas right outside the front door. The main house is not too far away so you don't feel like you are stranded all by yourself.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Amber M

A TripAdvisor Member
England
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I feel that I must write and tell you of the most fantastic holiday my husband and I spent here at the Mill.
As, coming from England, we were ready for the laid back sort of holiday in natural surroundings and we were definitely not disappointed. It was lovely to wake up in the mornings to the sound of the stream running by and watching the wild deer walking down. We also saw lots of lovely wild birds that we do not see in England. The scenery, plants and flowers were fantastic.
We were able to borrow the mountain bikes and made our way round the lanes, visiting many places of interest and also making friends with the 'neighbours' who gave us lots of tips on places to visit.
The Mill is really 'state of the art' as we would say in England - being full of all up to date facilities and more besides, including some very interesting books. Comfort is second to none with fantastic furnishings - and what about the beds? fantastic.
The water is something not to be missed for drinking as we were informed that it came from a well 600 ft below ground - what a taste!
It was lovely to sit outside at night time and light our fire for roasting marshmallows etc. - another tip we brought back from you over there.
We also enjoyed the many restaurants very close to The Mill and also our trip to Charlestown Races which I must say was spectacular. The many wineries were also a must for us to visit.
We took lots of fantastic photographs of the area and of birds which really impressed our friends and relations back in England. We just can't wait to return to The Mill next year.
I must add that we really went overboard with our enthusiasm for The Mill, so much so that our son and his partner are actually going there for their honeymoon later this year and I know that they will also share our enthusiasm so, as you can see, it is a great place for all generations!

A TripAdvisor Member
Faber, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2006

If you are looking for a place of beauty and solitude with all the amenities of home then you should stay at Cabin at the Mill. The environment at the Cabin is one of beautiful, raw nature as well as sculpted areas for your pleasure. You hear the steady flow of the fast moving stream whether in the cabin or lying out in the hammock. I enjoyed every relaxing comfort of the Cabin; the front porch swing, the hammock chair hanging under the trees, the tree platform raised 6' feet above the ground and eating outside at the umbrella covered table. Inside is everything I needed for cooking my meals. The beds are very comfortable and make sleeping-in easy. I didn't watch any of the many videos available since I was into reading and resting. There are four wineries nearby for your tasting pleasure. I tasted my way through all four. I didn’t make it to the Skyline Drive, next time. So, bring your comfy clothes, books and food and enjoy a tranquil getaway in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Cabin At The Mill? Share your experiences!