We found this fabulous property to be steeped in Marriott family history, as well as those of the Marshall and Yates families. While we did not stay in the main house, but in the Fairfield suite, we found the rooms and beds to be very comfortable, and the air conditioning first rate (if you've ever been stuck in a room with a awful A/C, you'll know what I mean!) The large flat screen TV and Dish Network satellite entertained the girls at night and the main house was accessible to guests 24 hours a day. The featured wine and cheese reception every day is a welcome opportunity to visit, and the butler's pantry is open all day/night as well with an assortment of complimentary soft drinks, water and snacks.
The breakfast service is first-rate featuring a "chef's choice" entree with fresh fruits, juices, coffee AND a selection of fresh baked pastries. An absolutely delicious and welcome start to the day.
This is a working ranch. Cattle roam freely and, more than once, we had to stop the car to let cattle cross the road in front of us. The house is located some 500 to 600 meters from the road, on a hill that overlooks grazing pastures in every direction. It's private, quiet and welcoming. What a great way to spend the weekend!
Local pubs are available just a few miles from the property as are a number of awesome Virginia wineries!
Our stay was a relaxing respite from the bustle and tumble of D.C. and the surrounding area. We will definitely find our way back to the the Marriott Ranch!
Since this is a review, I'll add one single, minor suggestion:
1. Morning coffee service starts at about 7:30 AM. For those who are habitually early risers, having coffee is always a plus. Perhaps consider an earlier coffee service, or (better yet) a Keurig coffee maker in the butlers pantry?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4200 Acre Working Cattle Ranch nestled in the foothills of The Blue Ridge Mountains. Located in the heart of Virginia Wine Country. Guests can enjoy horseback riding, wine tasting at local and vineyards, antique shopping and nearby Shenandoah National Park. Marriott Ranch hosts Corporate Retreats, Weddings, Company Picnics and Social Events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott and Hotel.de so you can book your The Marriott Ranch Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marriott Ranch b&b
- The Marriott Ranch Hotel Hume
- Marriott Hume
- Hume Marriott