“Great for a Romantic Get-Away!”
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was our second stay at the Vine Cottage Inn, the first time was in February 2009. Both times our experiences were top notch. The location is great, just up the hill from the Homestead Resort and the town of Hot Springs, within walking distance. Although over 100 years old, the Inn is beautifully maintained and furnished. There are plenty of common areas, including the big front porch, warm inviting living room with fireplace, and the dining room which is where breakfast is served. There is also a little kitchen are with complimentary beverages and snacks, as well as glassware, plates and utensils for guest use. Upon arrival we were greeted by Jo, who knew we were coming and had remembered us from our last stay 3 years earlier. Jonah later checked us in, and also remembered us. They know the local businesses and were very helpful in helping us get reservations for dinner as well as possessing a vast knowledge of local attractions and help in planning our adventures. Our room, (#11 the "Duck" room) was beautiful, with a nice king size bed, very comfortable. It had an attached bathroom with old style stand alone tub which has had a shower added to it since the last time we visited. There are also arm chairs in the room perfect for relaxing. Breakfast was delightful as well. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Use the website, you can see pictures of the rooms and pick the one that meets your needs. Some are...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at this bed and breakfast one weekend in August 2011. The Inn is very clean and has beautiful antiques throughout the building. It is within walking distance from The Homestead Resort. The breakfasts were excellent. Jonah knows the region very well and helped us plan perfect day trips. The Inn is about 10 minutes drive from Jefferson Baths.
Overall it was a great experience and we will back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Redfurdog
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Our group enjoyed an excellent stay at the Vine Cottage Inn, two nights over the weekend of October 21, 2011. My wife and I enjoyed a room with a king bed and private bath. The room was very clean; the bed was very comfortable. Jo and Jonah served excellent breakfasts. They also prepared an excellent dinner for us on Friday evening - tossed green salad, roast beef, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, hot biscuits, and the best bread pudding we've ever tasted. This convenience saved us from having to go out for dinner on one night of our stay. The other night we walked to dining in Hot Springs, just down the hill. (The Homestead is one block away.)

Jo and Jonah are also have a wealth of knowledge about the area. On Saturday afternoon we visited the Jefferson Pools, five miles away in Warm Springs. Very relaxing.

We enjoyed our visit to Hot Springs and especially our visit to the Vine Cottage Inn. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty climbing stairs say so when booking a room. Some rooms are located on the th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Very warm and cozy place to stay. The owners make you feel right at home. We arranged ahead of time to have dinner our first night and I am so glad we did. The dinner was incredible and their breakfast is very delicious. Jonah even took time with us to plot a route for a day trip on our motorcycles. If I ever find myself back in these parts, I will choose this place to rest my eyes.

Room Tip: If they say "bath", they mean "bath". There are "showers", but they w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luv2Ride2
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We spent three nights at the Vine Cottage Inn (10/7 - 10/10) and had a very good stay. Jo and Jonah are great innkeepers. They were always available to answer any questions such as directions, historical sites, restaurants, and general questions abount the Homestead. The Homestead is located within a 5 minute walk from the Vine Cottage. We enjoyed the ammenities of the Homestead; however, at a fraction of the cost of lodging at the Homestead. Jonah would call for a Homestead shuttle any time we wanted to go to the Homestead. The breakfasts were great. The B&B was very comfortable and we met other guests that were good company. We highly recommend the establishment to any one visiting the area.

Room Tip: We occupied room 10 and it was very roomy & comfortable. Even though it did not have a shower...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We lucked out by finding this B&B. As a pilot traveling from hotel to hotel, I found this place to be a much needed, and refreshing, change of pace. We were greeted by Jonah at the airport, and upon arrival by Jo. I couldn't have been more pleased by the hospitality and warmth that was shown to us from the beginning. It truly felt like a home away from home. Between the two of them, there is no question left unanswered. Whether you're looking for history of the area, a place to eat, to hike/run, they have the answer. The breakfast is phenomenal, as is the entire experience. Jonah and Jo, thanks for everything and I hope to see you soon...

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the special sheets. Unbelievably soft...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Vine Cottage Inn last weekend because we wanted a quiet get away in a scenic location with lots of options for things to do. We were extremely happy with our weekend and ended up staying an extra night so that we didn't have to drive home on Sunday.

Jo and Jonah were so sweet and friendly I felt like I was staying with relatives. Breakfast was large and filling but with a good mix of food. Starting with fruit and a pastry, then main course (ham & cheese omelet with potatoes one day, wonderful french toast--my favorite--with sausage and eggs the next day, and homemade waffles with apples and bacon and eggs the third day). We did not need more than a snack until dinner.

We had a king bedroom with a private bathroom. The bed was comfortable, although a little squeaky, and linens were extremely soft. It did get a little stuffy in the room during the day--and this was when daytime highs were only in the mid-70s--but I think that was the steam from the hot shower. We did not get hot sleeping at night. The bathroom was fine, but I would make sure to bring your own bath products--they provided soap and shampoo but not conditioner or shower gel, and I had to borrow a hair dryer from downstairs. Not a problem since we weren't in a hurry to get anywhere, but something to consider if you are there for an event at the Homestead or need to leave quickly in the morning.

We did spend some time at the Homestead and were happy we had a less expensive and more intimate place to go home every night. We had dinner in the main ballroom Saturday night. Food was expensive and just OK, service was very inconsistent (how can you run out of olives to serve with martinis at a place where you charge $11 per martini?), and the band seemed to take breaks every 30 minutes--just when people were getting up to dance, they consistently disappeared. Overall the ballroom was disapppointing for the price we paid. Sunday night, there was not much that was open for dinner so we ate at the Casino restaurant, where the food was fine and reasonably priced.

For other activities, we took a 5-mile hike on the Deerlick Trail which I recommend for great views of the hotel from above on the mountain. I also had a massage at the spa at the Inn at Gristmill Square in Warm Springs, 5 miles up the road. It was very relaxing, just what I needed and I felt so much better afterward (even better because it was half the price I would have paid for a massage at the Homestead spa).

I am not sure I would go 4 hours away just to stay there again, but our stay was wonderful and I would definitely recommend staying there to anyone who has reason to be in Hot Springs (including attending an event at the Homestead).

Room Tip: Room on street side (front) has minimal traffic noise at night, but road traffic will wake you up by...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Goshen
Warm Springs Inn
Warm Springs Inn
#2 of 5 in Warm Springs

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!