“Just OK”
Review of Sam Snead's Tavern - CLOSED

Sam Snead's Tavern
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This gastro-tavern blends modern techniques with traditional recipes while providing house-made comfort dishes qith a quality approach.Selections include Tavern Slammers, chicken pot pies, sauteed Allegheny Mountain trout, Sam's selection of grilled steaks and fun desserts such as our famed cinnamon doughnut bread pudding and apple cobblers. Wash it all down with a vast menu of wines and regional brews that complement savory dinners and a unique setting in the village of Hot Springs. Enjoy viewing the pictures recapping the life of the late legendary golfer, Sam Snead. Sam Snead was born here in Hot Springs and always made it his home. Sam's professional career spanned nearly seven decades, and he amassed at least 185 tournament victories, more than any other player in the history of the PGA Tour.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had the fish and chips which was OK and my husband had the flank steak which was OK as well. Our waitress was way too attentive. She kept coming to our table every 3 minutes or so. It was annoying.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We decided at the last minute to try to make a reservation at this restaurant for a Saturday night. When we called they were fully booked but we left our phone number and luckily they were able to fit us in that evening. The food was delicious. I had the parmesan crusted trout and it was outstanding!Everyone else I was with had the rib eye and they all said it was awesome too! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate here our first night -- both of us tried a few unique items on the menu. Food was pretty good. Very attentive and friendly wait staff. Good place for comfort food.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stop in for a drink and check out the Sam Snead memorabilia. Don't go for anything more than a burger. This was our second try at this restaurant and the food is expensive for basic food. My husband had a burger and wings and said they were reasonable standards. My friend and I had the trout. Cooked in way too much bread coating and cheese. Couldn't taste the trout. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I usually go early to secure a good table because there are a lot of people that come here from the Homestead! Food has always been good. Wait staff are very accommodating. This is not the place for you if you are on a budget. The prices are higher than a lower normal family budget. I would welcome couples! I love coming here after soaking in the Jefferson Pools.