“a review”
Review of Sam Snead's Tavern - CLOSED

Sam Snead's Tavern
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This gastro-tavern blends modern techniques with traditional recipes while providing house-made comfort dishes qith a quality approach.Selections include Tavern Slammers, chicken pot pies, sauteed Allegheny Mountain trout, Sam's selection of grilled steaks and fun desserts such as our famed cinnamon doughnut bread pudding and apple cobblers. Wash it all down with a vast menu of wines and regional brews that complement savory dinners and a unique setting in the village of Hot Springs. Enjoy viewing the pictures recapping the life of the late legendary golfer, Sam Snead. Sam Snead was born here in Hot Springs and always made it his home. Sam's professional career spanned nearly seven decades, and he amassed at least 185 tournament victories, more than any other player in the history of the PGA Tour.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Interesting atmosphere and worth seeing and giving a try. Not cheap. Food very good. Service attentive .

There are newer reviews for Sam Snead's Tavern

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a charming little place and the service is efficient but the food was disappointing for me. We wanted a casual dinner and were not looking for gourmet food. Casual food still needs to be good food though! I had the steak sandwich and it just wasn't good. The french fries were hot and salty and good. That's really the only thing I liked. My daughter had the chicken pot pie which she liked. I tasted it and thought it too, was just OK. From the beginning of dinner I was excited about the dessert I saw on the menu...blackberry cobbler....unfortunately it was yet another disappointment. Even the tea wasn't good. It had an odd flavor to me. I had high hopes for this casual dinner. I enjoyed the atmosphere and appreciated the efficient service, but the food really needs improvement. The dinner certainly wasn't worth the almost $50 we paid for it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the American Meal Plan at The Homestead. The appetizers, drinks, service and the food quality were fantastic at the Tavern. My fellow foodie dinner companions were happy. The restaurant is very small, but very charming. (Make reservations early.) Whenever I am at The Homestead, I always have one dinner at Sam Sneads and have not yet been disappointed. My latest visit was no different.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great for an after-golf beer and burger at the bar. Probably less appropriate for families with small children.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Sam Snead's was our favorite restaurant at the Homestead. It is located off the property in the town of Hot Springs. The hotel offers a shuttle, but it is just across the street from the Spa in the hotel. It offers a wide variety of items - from steaks and seafood to sandwiches. The service was great and friendly. It was a nice change from the somewhat "stuffy" atmosphere in the hotel restaurants. And compared to the prices of food inside the hotel, it was substantially less expensive.

1  Thank WKRussell