“Herdsman Cottage family vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Natural Retreats Homestead Preserve
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Herdsman Cottage for a week and we had a wonderful time! The cottage is very comfortable and warm feeling, stocked with anything we could ever need. With 5 adults and two children, the cottage had lots of room and we all enjoyed sitting around the fireplace in the living room at night together.
The amenities at the Old Diary across the street from the cottage, had a lot to offer. Not only was there the Old Dairy Market where you could grab a coffee and something to eat, but there was also a hot tub, sauna, fitness center and a recreation area with flat screen tvs, games and a pool table!! We enjoyed our stay very much and we will definitely be back to stay with Natural Retreats in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole S

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Trailview home in Hot Springs. Morgan, Kris and Tiffany were over-the-top OUTSTANDING... I had arrangements of Flowers, Food Baskets, Champagne etc. setup for my wife and they not only completed all but spent the time to appropriately arrange everything in the house. Super People across the board.. The Conceirge service was impeccable, not only did they make the reservations but followed up with me during the stay to confirm. They even made sure the wood was stacked for the fireplace!!!! Couldn't ask for a better, relaxing, romantic weekend with my spouse of 23 years.... Incredible experience and I certainly will return within 6 months... Their group should be the "Poster Team" for the company. Excellent is not a good enough word of our experience. 10 ++++

Room Tip: Choice a house/cottage.... Privacy..Intimacy and QUIET.......
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our family visited Virginia Hot Springs for Christmas of 2012 and stayed with Natural Retreats. The conceirge service was wonderful and the staff on site absolutely took care of our every need! We had a great time exploring and dining in the historic area and our family found many interesting things to see and do. We highly recommend the Jefferson Pools experience, which is a historic and natural hot springs pool. We thought we might spend 20 minutes or so soaking and ended up enjoying the relaxing float for over an hour!! Thank-you so much Natural Retreats!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at Meadow Lane Lodge. The cottage is so beautiful and quaint. My husband and I really had a great time. The continental breakfast was over the top. Because we all like to fish, and the property is cut by a beautiful river, we plan to return with extended family for a summer vacation.

Room Tip: Right down the road are a couple of great restaurants and the Jefferson Baths—worth the trip.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been going to Meadow Lane Lodge for a fishing trip every year for at least six years. This year they turned over management of their property to Natural Retreats who have increased prices by quite a bit for rooms. They have also instituted a rod fee for fishing. Fishing used to be free for guests. This makes a fishing trip quite a bit more expensive than it used to be. As with any change there were some challenges. The web site was difficult to navigate. However, once I got in touch with someone on the phone all questions were answered and they were very helpful. The fishing was good once again. They do a good job managing the river and restricting the number of people. The river manager/guide was very helpful. Overall I enjoyed the experience once again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We, too, had the Trail View cabin. I agree with another review that "cabin" doesn't exactly describe this gorgeous place. It has rustic elements -- log structure, fireplace, front porch -- but it is beautiful, well equiped and nicely furnished. I loved it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband I am rented the Shepards Cottage for a relaxing weekend! It was absolutely fantastic! The cabin was beautiful and the staff (Tiffany and Chris) were extremely helpful and accomodating! We liked it so much that we brought the kids with us the next go around. The fireplace is amazing and we have nothing but wonderful things to say!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Goshen
Roseloe Motel
Roseloe Motel
#2 of 2 in Hot Springs

Been to Natural Retreats Homestead Preserve? Share your experiences!