“Great beginner slopes”
Review of Homestead Ski Area

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I learned to ski here when I was 5 years old. These are slopes for the true beginner. They are small, short, and not very steep. Don't expect an intermediate/advanced skier/boarder to be able to spend all day here. However, if you've never skied etc...take a trip, ski some, sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate some!

2  Thank JoeSwindell
There are newer reviews for Homestead Ski Area

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Tried snowboarding for the first time and had a great instructor - we were fortunate to get some fresh snow in mid-March (which made the falls much softer). Free shuttle from the hotel was very convenient.

1  Thank J M
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The ski area got a three star because it is slightly limited as far as trails go, but it is great for a day and for beginners. The staff is amazing, and my son had a private lesson that he really enjoyed. The only problem was the food was not very high quality. Junk food, basically. Healthy options would be appreciated. Restaurant staff was great. They helped my husband find my son's retainer in the garbage and sterilized it for us when they found it. Yuck, I know. Anyways, the staff is great.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our two boys never put on a pair of skis before. By the end of the 3 hour session, our oldest was riding the lift and taking the hill with me!
The slopes are great for beginners. Intermediate and advanced skiers won't be challenged, but it's not busy and you can still have fun there.

1  Thank hsctiger93
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Let's be honest. No one in their right mind is selecting The Homestead for a ski vacation. But that doesn't undermine the importance of the skiing experience to guests. The slope is small and the lift is slow. But, other than that, it is a wonderful small, rarely crowded place for kids to learn to ski and families to ski together.
You can make it from top to bottom in under 2 minutes, but it is fun and can easily be handled by all the family members. Learning how to ski is great, as the instructors are far and above better than the slope would indicate. Every year we get our kids some refresher lessons, and they are always showing marked improvement.

3  Thank Walker D