“Homemade deserts and hot fries-yum!”

Lindsay's Roost Bar and Grill
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Description: Country cooking with everything from Hamburgers to Steaks and Trout and Salmon. Come enjoy a friendly atmosphere with your family and friends. We also have appetizers and beverages of all kinds.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have been here several times over the years when visiting the Homestead. The burger was just ok, but I love their hot fries. They are very spicy and very good. I had peanut butter pie for desert and it was amazing. All of their deserts are homemade and their milkshakes are great too. Not much on atmosphere, but if you are looking for good cheap eats near the Homestead, I recommend stopping here.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you're hungry and visiting Hot Springs then you don't have many choices, so why not try Lindsay's? We had the chipped beef for breakfast and it was just fine. The waitress was very pleasant and the food came quickly. Nothing awesome but it did the trick.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were camping in the area and decided to eat out instead of cooking. We like to pick off beat places because we often find a gem but this place was not one our successes. We drove up and down route 220 and found this place tucked away on a narrow side street.

The atmosphere is typical luncheonette - not unexpected. Parking was tough to come by, we went in and asked where to park and was told to park along the building.

I had the hamburger which was your typical supermarket frozen variety - I hate fast food places but I find their burgers better than the one I had here. My wife had the shredded pork sandwich which she swears came right out of a can. They need to take a step up and buy fresh made burgers and BBQ shredded pork at the local market as a starter.

The other reviews I read were right - this place is a welcome relief from the prices charged at the nearby resort but I guess they don't understand that you get what you pay for.

The staff was friendly but our waitress gave us the wrong bill which she quickly fixed and apologized - not a big deal.

1  Thank G_J_D_M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After being awed by the prices at the Homestead, finding this little gem was like a breath of fresh air. Had the barbeque sandwich with cole slaw and fries. Barbeque was very moist and tasty, cole slaw very good, fries were not quite the way I liked them, but my colleagues did. Definitely a place to check out -- your wallet and your stomach will thank you!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nothing to write home about, but super friendly wait staff and very inexpensive alternative to the ultra expensive restaurants with in the Homestead itself.