New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Still gracious hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great mountain getaway. Enjoyed one night stay here! Still very gracious older well kept hotel but personally prefer smaller more intimate environment! Very impressive in stature.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LynnMiller

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Will come back, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I do admit to a childhood bias...my parents took me to The Greenbrier as a child. But my husband and I have been coming here for years, and have seen it through thick and thin. Overall, I LOVE the changes that Omni is making, but there is really one thing that makes me CRAZY...the bathroom towels are what you get at a Hampton. I know that's crazy, but it really makes me nuts. Paying top dollar for me means a whole experience, and that means just a bit more than single ply hand towels. GRRRRR, really...is it so hard to step it up just s little?

Food is ok, ambience is exactly what I expect. Drink prices a bit high. But willing to overlook all of that if the rest of the experience is good. No problem with the staff. But oddly (and I'm not that crazy traveller) this makes me nuts..

But of course, don't make this not the reason to come here...it is a wonderful and very special place.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Roanokefoodie
Virginia Beach, Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a chance to visit here this past March. Staff was very friendly, hotel is very clean, fancy, and full of character. Food here is excellent, skiing is great...all around an awesome experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dave E
Raleigh, North Carolina
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Lovely getaway to the mountains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is one of our favorite mountain getaways for the family. Enjoyed afternoon tea (really good cucumber sandwiches) with our girls--definitely one of our favorite things to do. Have also enjoyed the recent addition to the resort--the lazy river and waterpark were a big hit for the kids and the whole family (more kid-friendly than the old pool house). So much stuff to do for the whole family--our most favorite would have to be simmering down the mineral hot springs! If you are staying in the resort--you definitely have to give it a try!

Visited October 2013
Manassas, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Favorite Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been to this resort several times, and it only gets better with time. Having come under the Omni network, many upgrades have been made. Improved activities, revamped restaurants. Even more our favorite place.

Visited August 2013