“Happy We Stopped”

Country Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great country restaurant out in the middle of Gods country in rural Virginia. My daughter and I were thouroughly pleased. The food was great, staff friendly and prices resonable. After swimming at Jefferson Pools & Falling Springs falls this place hit the spot. My daughter had the chicken wrap, potato chips and a soft drink. I had the chopped steak with onions and gravy, baked potato, cole slaw and iced tea. We ate everything except for a few potato chips. I was actually suprised at how good it was and would definitely suggest anyone driving by to stop in and get lunch. The desserts looked great as well but we didn't have room to sample them. The view was also great as we watched a couple deer walking thru a pasture on the side of the mountain across the road.

1  Thank FaithDriven
There are newer reviews for Country Cafe

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good Southern cooking in a pleasant setting. Frequented by both locals and escapees from the resort. Give it a try.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is one of only a handful of places to eat in the area, especially if you don't want to dine at one of the Homestead's restaurants. It is a good, basic restaurant - no frills, nothing fancy - just good.

The servers are friendly, attentive and helpful.

The menu features good, basic food with an emphasis on "country" favorites. I have had both breakfast and lunch. Lunch can be a little tough as I have to follow a gluten-free diet, but there are options. Breakfast is oriented toward traditional favorites. The grits are good, the omelets are tasty, and everything is fresh. My friends almost quarreled over who would get one of the pies to take home.

Give it a try. The busy parking lot should tell you that it is popular! (If it were not for the good food and the friendly staff I would have rated it Average.)

1  Thank JamesIslandTraveler
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The County Cafe will not set the mood for a romantic evening, but it serves up good, fresh food at a price no one can argue with and the dining area is clean. My wife and I ate there several times and the food was always fresh and tasty. If you want to be wowed, try a fancier place. The service is good, but not great as they can get very busy. I highly recommend if you are looking for an affordable alternative to the Homestead.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Homestead a couple of days ago and was told by locals to give Country Cafe a try. It was a short drive from the resort and the food was excellent. Our waiter was very friendly and we loved talking to her. I would highly recommend if in the area give them a try you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Patricia3518

Been to Country Cafe? Share your experiences!