There is so much to do. I stayed Wednesday & Thursday night. The room was small but cute. I loved tea time at 3-4pm, this was free. They don't have very many options of tea flavors. They also serve little sandwiches and cookies. It was delicious. The staff needs to dust on top of the mantle. The roaring fires were beautiful but they created a lot of dirt that no one was taking care of.
I went snow tubing at the lodge for an hour. It was so much fun. The walk from the ski lodge to the tubing lanes was rough (long, and very deep snow), but it was well worth it.
I went snow mobiling. Because it had just snowed, we took the snow mobiles on the horse trails. 2 staff members went along w/ me and my boyfriend. We each drove our own.
The outdoor pool and hot tub are great. They are beautiful and the perfect temperature. It was beautiful to swim in while it snowed. The bath houses are nice too. There was 2 showers and a swim suit dryer, but I could not find a hair dryer.
I ate 1 meal in the dining room. My total with tax and tip for 2 people was $173. There was a pianiost who played beautifully. There were very few people dining. For about 20 min we were the only people in the dining room.
The resort has little stores inside. They are cute but over priced. They sell dresses for $200 and windbreakers for $400.
I wanted to take an exercise class both mornings I was at the resort, cycling and a dance class. I was the only person to show up for the class. The front desk told me to show up 15-20 min early. I was disappointed both classes were cancelled because the staff didn't make it in (due to snow on the roads).
I went on the building tour. It was very infomative. Not many people attended. I'm glad I went becuase otherwise there are parts of the resort I would have never discovered.
The arcade downstairs was fun. They were not serving food because there wasn't enough staff. They had a mini bowling game, $3 for 5 frames. Don't play the pool down there. There is free pool upstairs behind the lobby bar.
I was very confused by my bill when I checked out. If you charge meals to your room, the total on your receipt is not the REAL total. They will add tax on top and never give you a printed receipt of this final total. The front desk had to explain why all of my meals were more expensive than the receipts I received.
I went to the Jefferson Hot Springs. Everything was original from when jefferson was there. The paint was chipping, the floor was filthy, it was super drafty and cold. There was barely any place to put your clothes. I heard a rumor that it will be remodeled this year, I hope this happens because the building is in desparate need of repair.
Service in the Jefferson Bar was TERRIBLE. My server brought the food and never checked back. I had to get my own refill. The sever stood to the side of the bar and watched the olympics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs