The Omni Homestead Resort
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
Hampton.com
$80
  • Pool
Robert E Lee Hotel(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$125
$149
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
5,822 results
All reviewsthe main dining roomjefferson restauranthistory tourice skatingcarriage ridehorseback ridingspa servicestroutlobby barbreakfast buffetgorge hikesam sneadssouthern charmcasino restaurantomni homesteadjefferson poolsindoor pool
Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was a charming hotel and overall we enjoyed our stay, but unfortunately the outrageous cost left a bad taste in our mouth. The food is completely overpriced...for the amount we paid for dinner, I expected great. But our meals were cold and took a long time. If you're expecting a nice ski mountain, you will be disappointed. Skiing was fine for novices or people who just want to have a good time. BUT we were disappointed to find out that the slope closes at 4:30, and the Saturday night skiing is not included in the already expensive daily cost. Overall, the stay would have been great if it was a bit more reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Absolutely stunning hotel and location. This hotel knows customer service. Few do and these folks really made out stay special. There are many things to do in/around the hotel that even at 0 degrees outside, there are many options to keep you busy. The rooms and dining are all fantastic. We had the best beef wellington we have ever eaten! Fantastic destination resort location/ hotel for couples as well as family!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to visit the storied Homestead to celebrate our 6-year anniversary. It was a great escape for the weekend. After mentioning our anniversary when making reservations, the staff was kind enough to give us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It also seemed to be in our account at every restaurant. The historical tour and Jefferson pools are a must! Snow tubing was also fun. One of the coolest things was swimming in the outdoor heated pool while people were ice skating right next to us. Very unique. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My sister and I were very excited to spend a weekend at the Homestead. We drove down early Friday morning from Northern VA, wanting to spend a relaxing spa weekend. I had read wonderful reviews of the newly renovated spa and planned three different treatments for us over three days. The hotel itself is impressive. It is a beautiful hotel, that gives off an old world vibe. There was a large wedding the weekend that we were there, and a good crowd. The rooms itself was quaint. There was nothing exceptional about it, but it was not a bad room. Our main issue with the hotel, was the cleanliness. I do not know if this is how it normally is, or they were particularly bad due to the large group. Regardless, the was a lack of maintenance and housekeeping to the general area.
For instance, the room next us ordered room service and placed there dishes outside Friday evening. They were there the entire time. It was odd, because the first night they were on a room service tray. Someone then took the tray and lined up the dishes and glasses against the wall. Who took the tray I do not know. Even the people in the room were overheard commenting that the dishes were getting nasty. I mean really two days of there being dishes on the floor in the hall? REALLY? Housekeeping did come to our rooms, so there was no way that they missed them.
The walls were very thin, and you could hear everything. From the wedding party coming back at 2am in the morning drunk, to the other rooms television. It was very noticeable the last day that we were there. They have a free tea at 3pm. It was nicer than I expected, but after the first couple of bites I wanted no more. The food was tasteless, but again nicer than I was expecting. They did bring out scones every once in a while, that were the best thing that they offered.
The main issue was the spa, itself. There are many people that work there, but the people helping in the spa locker rooms and front desk are clueless. It was like all of them were on their first day of work, but sadly that was not the case. Everyday, BEFORE we had our service they wanted us to pay. Each day I informed them that I would pay at then end. Each day they had to OK this with someone else. Really? The Four Seasons and the RItz do not insist upon this. I wanted to pay in cash one day, no one knew how to do that. I wanted to put the tip on the credit card one day, they had to get someone else to help with that. I wanted to pay for my sister and myself, they had to ask someone else about that. Everything that was asked, they had to ask someone else. Sometimes more than one person. If it was just their cluelessness and nothing else then I still would have given a better rating. However, that is not the case.
The first day that we went we had a body scrub. My technician while nice, was inappropriate. Not knocking on the door, sitting down to talk to me, leaving for 5-7 minutes (twice). I asked my sister about her treatment, and her technician did not leave twice, nor did she leave for that period of time. The second day I had a massage, and it was good. The last day I had a facial, and it was wonderful. I should have just gotten the facial in retrospect.
The relaxation room was very nice, but they only had water. I have been to many first class spas, and was shocked at this. There was no cucumber water, granola bars, mini muffins, hot tea, coffee, etc. The third floor co ed lounge did have hot tea, but that was a joke. My sister wanted tea but they ran out of hot water. She asked for more, and thirty minutes later it arrived. Whoever designed the layout of the spa and salon did a horrible job. It was like going through a maze. I would recommend that you take the stairs each time, the wait for the elevator is horrid.
We were not given a tour of the facility even though there are at least two women who just stand in the locker rooms. It is very off putting to just have them there. What is their purpose? They do not know any information. They are not cleaning the dirty towels or dirty q tips off the counters. They are just standing there, it made me very uncomfortable. Someone else mentioned that they seem understaffed and the locker rooms are dirty. They are dirty. There are towels everywhere, glasses that sit for hours on counters, used q tips, hair on counters, etc. I would not say that they are understaffed, perhaps those women who literally just stand there could clean?? Each day that we checked in we were led to the locker rooms, each day the woman had to go get help to determine which locker we could use. Again, this was done three different times with three different women.
Something that really bothered us was on day 2. There was a large wedding, and the entire third floor was off limits unless you were in that party. That is fine, we had gone up there the day before. The spa facilities open at 8, but the services start at 9. On this Sat, we got there at 8:30, used the heating chairs and then made our way to the relaxation room. When we went in at 8:50, we had to leave because the staff was having a meeting. Where were we supposed to go? We loitered in the hallway for ten minutes. One by one they left, and we finally were able to go in. Why was this not done on the third floor? Why was it not done before the facility opened? We were literally the only people up on that floor, do they do this every Sat? The meeting was talking about the wedding party, and how important it was for them to be treated well. Hmmmm… What about the other people??? Not so much?
Sorry to be so negative, but for this spa to be written up in travel magazines as one of the best in the county, is ridiculous. I have no desire to go back. The staff is incompetent, the prices are expensive but is not reflective of all services. I will say that the spa garden outside is nice, and the newer showers are nice. Worth driving four hours from DC? Heck no! Spend the day at the Four Seasons spa, or why not even Elizabeth Arden Red Door?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank Anne J
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife, three sons and I took advantage of the Family Learn to Ski experience recently, and our experience exceeded all expectations! On a scale of 1 to 10, if we could give a 20 we would! All amenities are top-notch, and we wish we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family