“A Return to Glory!”

The Omni Homestead Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Homestead is "back"! After several years in decline, the Homestead, under the umbrella of the Omni Hotel Group, has made significant strides toward becoming the wonderful place of respite and indulgence that made it legendary. Outgoing, friendly staff, expert service, and wonderful dining. There are still some rough edges, but the effort is very evident, and much appreciated.

1  Thank David W
There are newer reviews for The Omni Homestead Resort

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I traveled to resort with my sister for a birthday getaway. The drive form Alexandria, VA is about 3.5 hours or a very scenic drive specially in the last hour of the trip. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the valet and bell service. The check-in was smooth and the staff member was cordial. the We stayed for a 2 nights and we booked activities even a day before but that was during low peak season I believe.

Our room was comfortable, well appointed and clean. The bathroom had a huge sink and a nice tub. The rooms include two bathrobes as well. We ordered room service the first day and it was delicious. We had the grilled cheese and tomato soup for $10 plus room service charge which was very reasonable. At night we visited the Jefferson Tavern to enjoy some adult drinks and atmosphere. The service was ok, but not to blame them, as they were dealing with some difficult entitled DC guests being loud and obnoxious.

Our package included free buffet breakfast and believe me, if you are considering not doing this option. Think it twice. This place is quietly sitting in a very, very small town with limited food options. But believe me you won't regret the breakfast. I urge you to try the homemade donuts. The buffet has a wide selection of hot items, including a pancake and omelet station. The service was also outstanding and on point.

The next day we had booked a spa treatment and archery lessons. The spa was magnificent and relaxing. It's a canyon spa that has the aquavana features, this includes, a steam room, sauna, chill effect and rain experience. It has an outdoor heated pool and sauna. Our massage specialist did a wonderful and outstanding job. We left pretty relaxed. After the spa we were ready for some archery. You have to take a shuttle to the place and it takes about 5 mins to get there. Our instructor was a charm. He was young but experienced and gave us some really good tips. He was very patient and let us do a couple of rounds as we were the only ones there. I engaged him in some conversation and it was good to know that he knows the resort well and has worked in various positions.

That night we went out for dinner at the Jefferson tavern. We had a delicious dinner. We could see the chef from our table working hard to get the food out just perfect. Our server was courteous and she was a charm. I recommend the blue cheese tater tots, and their onion rings, but anything in the menu was delicious. After dinner we went for some drinks at the lobby bar. Do not miss this opportunity to chat with the bar attendant! He engaged everyone sitting at the bar in some nice and fun conversations. I wish I remember his name but he has been at the resort for quite some time. What a fun night!

The next day we decided to do the gun club. This was a last minute activity. Our instructor was Anthony and we recommend him. He was witty, quirky and funny. It was our first time shooting and he was patient, knowledgeable and helpful in letting us learn and understand the aspects about skeet fields and shooting. He was the highlight of our stay.

We enjoyed the Jefferson pools at the end of our stay. They were just what we needed to end our stay. Every staff person from the bell staff to the room service provided us with outstanding and superb service.

I would love to come back and recommend this place to anyone considering a vacation around Hot Springs, VA

Room Tip: There are older rooms in the original building and new rooms in the addition.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank favioladg31
Reviewed November 26, 2013

At the Homestead, every day is a beautiful day. My experiences staying in this amazing resort are some of my most cherished memories. Everyone should have a chance to stay in the "Grand Dame" of hotels, to experience an

1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have been going to The Homestead since I was five years old. I honeymooned there 33 years ago. I was there the day the family sold it to avoid bankruptcy. I recently returned filled with anxiety that the place was dying. What I found was a bustling hotel. The paint was intact and up to date. Many of the facilities had been redone since my last visit with a beautiful new pool. The golf course was in good shape. Service was excellent but the the familiar feel of a family run personal type resort had faded some. The soft but grand eloquence of the place was more in the background of my memory. The place was more noisy and busy than genteel. I saw no familiar faces. Previously I had seen table servers become maitre ds over time. Having said this, I was happy to see the place alive and flourishing rather than a fading reminiscence. I would definitely return for a longer stay. I had previously been avoiding the place as I feared seeing it in further deterioration.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Going to the Homestead is a step back in time to when service meant something. Although this place has kept up with times in its rooms, lazy river, highly rated golf courses and restaraunts; the feel of the place harkins back to a more refined time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Homestead is a delightfully charming colonial styled elegant hotel. The food and service is excellent. Truly a welcoming place with genuine Southern hospitality. We look forward to visiting each year and always have a lovely experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very comfortable, quiet hotel. Lots of things to and see within the resort. It is a perfect place for a small conference...not for large numbers of people like we had because there are not enough rooms to accommodate everyone. The location is wonderful if you are country oriented. If you are a city slicker, then the winding roads that lead to it might be a little disconcerting. ;)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hot Springs
#1 of 1 in Millboro
The Inn at Mountain Quest
The Inn at Mountain Quest
#1 of 6 in Marlinton

Been to The Omni Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!