We were at The Homestead for the last weekend in September 2013. My husband, and three kids were amazed! We had a suite, two full rooms! The living room was perfect for the bigger kids to hang out in. They had two large flat screens, multiple seating areas, a fridge and table. Perfect for my family to hang out in and relax with out getting in each others hair. Our room in the tower had amazing views. Windows were floor to ceiling and opened like a patio door.
Grounds were immaculate! Staff was super nice, out of the way nice! Anything we needed was provided. THe lounge area under the Jefferson was perfect for the teens, a large game room, wii, bowling, xbox and arcade. Having a swipe card to charge to the room was perfect for them to use if we were not around. They borrowed fishing poles, had a fish in the trout pond. Played corn hold on the grounds, had a sit around the campfire every night.
Food was great, we had fine dining one night in the Jefferson, enjoyed the salmon. Hub had the steak. Both were above average in size and taste. Kids ate mostly from the game room lounge, pizza, fries and kid food.
Pool and lazy river were the best! Temperature was warm for the weekend, even in late September. Ample towels, lots of supervision via lifeguards, and the dressing rooms were spotless. No hair dryer in the change room.
Indoor pool is getting some TLC in renovations, but still usable and amazing looking! Feels very fancy to be in that pool, very historic.
Shops were in great order and friendly staff. Front desk folk were charming, and the concierge were helpful. Book you r dinners early to get early reservation times. Shuttle bus was easy to use and the stables were great. The staff at the stables were friendly and pleasant even when we were just visiting the horses, not riding.
My daughter and I enjoyed "tea time" at three each day, piano, chocolate and tea. Then rested on the front veranda rocking chairs afterwards. Bring your camera, it's a beautiful place to take photos of the kids.
Beautiful building, enjoyed the atmosphere. Very old south, charming and historic. I will be back again, and I can't say enough about this amazing family weekend. Thank you HOMESTEAD!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs