I stayed at The Homestead back in November, but in going through my photos I realized I forgot to post a review. There are not photos posted of the rooms yet, so I am posting pictures of our 2-bedroom suite so people can see the rooms.
Our stay (we came without the children) was great. I probably would not bring my children here, although there were several families. Most of the patrons are adults, both old and young, but the resort does have family activities, especially in warmer weather.
Here are some things that made our stay relaxing and luxurious:
-in the middle of the most beautiful nowhere! The "town" is a few steps away, with a handful of shops.
-There are many wonderful walking trails that we used, and the views are spectacular, especially with the turning foliage
-Our suite was very traditionally decorated with 2 master suites (1 king and 1 with 2 doubles), a large living room and sun room
-sun room carpet had water damage and needed to be replaced
-beds were incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms were clean and tastefully updated.
Facility and Amenities:
-beautiful Library room off the lobby with many books and an interesting history in photographs
-we visited the coffee/ice cream shop every day (next to the library)
-gorgeous lobby w/ tons of seating areas
-The spa was good - I had a hot-stone massage and used the steam room. There are separate area for men and women. I did not use the indoor pool.
-Room service breakfast was prompt and delicious. Coffee is good and strong.
-1766 grille was amazing and some things were prepared tableside. Not sure if it's worth the extra $
-Dining room was beautiful and the food delicious. Breakfast is huge with the amount of food and choices.
-Lunch in the clubhouse was fine, but the selection was limited.
A great resort for relaxing with friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TravelUp, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs