My wife and I had a wonderful trip, and enjoyed everything from the friendly staff to the beautiful trails surrounding the property. Looking at the other reviews here, I was surprised to find so much negativity. Maybe it was because I had a Groupon and so paid a slightly reduced rate, but the construction did not bother us at all. Is it really fair to criticize a hotel for improving the property? Also, the activities reservation form we were sent notified us ahead of time that the spa was closed for renovations (though I agree they could have done a better job of advertising this). Our room was immaculate, and we found the rest of the property to be in very good condition as well (another source of confusion for me that others critiqued this).
We occupied ourselves with all of the "free" activities (tennis, spring-fed pool and hot tub, chess and books in the library, hikes around the property, movies, enjoying the views, and exploring such a large and historic property). Oh, and of course we gorged ourselves on the huge (and wonderful) buffet breakfast every morning.
A lot of reviewers seemed concerned whether this should be considered a 4 star or 5 star property. To be honest, I don't really know, and don't care. I felt that I definitely got my money's worth. We were the most relaxed we have been in recent memory, and came away with lots of good memories. To me, that counts as a successful vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs