We spent three night at The Homestead Resort in February and had a wonderful time. The resort has added a new outdoor heated pool and 'hot tub'. The pool is kept quite warm, I heard that it was above 90 degrees although I am not for sure as I did not ask the hotel officials. We had a blast being in the pool while it was snowing all around us and the top of our heads was covered with snow although the rest of us was in toasty warm water.
The spa was under construction and they had taken over some guest rooms for a temporary spa. It definitely did not have the feel of a luxury spa, so we look forwards to going back in the future to see the finished spa, it should be very nice once they are done with the renovations.
We also tried skiing, which was OK. The runs are short and very few, I there are only two or three runs which end up down the hill within a couple of minutes so it is not very challenging or long.
Overall, the resort is a fun getaway for a nice weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs