For the price of a room at this hotel, you would expect a bit more elegance. It would have been nice to know the hotel would be full of children and college kids before making my reservation. Having all those kids running through the lobby, screaching in the swimming pool, and taking up the dance floor during dinner in the main dining room was a bit annoying when expecting a quiet weekend in the mountains.
The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The couch (in our room) had lots of stains on it as did quite a few of the chairs in the lobby and the dining room. More information about what to do and the services offered to newcomers would be appreciated. We made dinner reservations at an off site restaurant and found out (by accident) that the hotel would shuttle us there. (unfortunately they had to cancel due to snow). The main dining room food is overpriced and average.
Tea time was nice and the cookies were good. But again, swamped with children and very noisy.
I really don't know if I would go back again. Would have to get a better deal on the room. We paid $300 per night and others we talked to got a 'cyber deal' and only paid $150 per night. Feel like I got ripped off...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs