Below was a letter that I wrote to the general manager of the hotel about our experience there. He never responded to my lengthly memo. I fonud many of the employees to be disenfranchised at the Homestead and we stayed in one of their most expensive rooms, top floor suite Room 2104. Please read my letter below
If the general manager doesn't care enough about well paying guests to respond back to them, how could he expect anyone else to. We were shcoked and dismayed by his lack of consideration in ignoring our memo. We could not in good conscience recommend this property.
Friday October 5th, 2012
Good day to you and I wished to bring to your attention some issues we have experienced during our brief stay at your property.
1) I made this booking for a suite several months ago and at that time was told that our room rate included breakfast for my wife and I. I travel extensively for my business both domestically and internationally, and probably account for 110-120 room nights on an annual basis in luxury properties. This morning when I was presented with a check for the buffet, I let our server know that this was included in our package. I later found out that it was not. I was told by the front desk staff that since we were part of a wedding group, this did not apply…I appreciate consistency in customer service. I come from a family of hoteliers, at premier properties. The only surprises I enjoy are birthday parties.
2) I surprised my wife with a spa treatment, and she was given directions by the concierge, since you have a new temporary location. The directions landed her on an unoccupied floor where she wandered for 10 minutes before returning back to the concierge. She was then given different directions and unfortunately was misdirected a second time. Finally after 20 minutes she located the spa. While there she asked to see a menu of services and was told that they had only one and needed to keep it. Might I suggest that your staff escort spa guests to the location since it is not intuitive. We are in our 50’s and certainly are not senile. Once in the spa she had a very good experience with Robin, a resident masseuse. After her treatment , my wife returned to the concierge desk and asked for a comment card. She was informed that none were available, and she would receive an electronic one after checkout. While this is a good idea, it does not allow for immediate feedback, especially when problems are uncovered, or to provide an accolade for good customer service.
3) Finally when I called to concierge to request your e-mail address, I was placed on hold for 11 minutes…yes I waited so that I could remind Jessica of how long I was holding. Unfortunately I was unable to e-mail you because shortly after this we lost power in our room…we decided just to go for a walk
4) Upon our return I am sorry to tell you that we discovered a “stink bug” on the sofa. I know that they are a huge problem in Virginia, we live in Charlottesville, but for the room we booked, we would expect more prudent measures. We have not opened our windows since our arrival.
I would heartily appreciate your comments, mitigating and otherwise. We are here through Sunday. I would be delighted to personally speak with you, as I am sure you would not allow a similar experience to go unaddressed.
Best regards, Jon Fink
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs